Upcoming NGD

Sounds killer. Grindy tone.
Makes me want to put W8s in my Explorer.
I'm already scheming on another build to try out the Roxy set. I'm super thrilled. I have been kind of jumping around with different pups and haven't landed on a brand yet. I also want to get a greco and swap out pups and refret it with ss frets. First I have to pay for my duvell and put a v on order. But my shopping list has gotten bigger but vendors have gotten smaller

I'm already scheming on another build to try out the Roxy set. I'm super thrilled. I have been kind of jumping around with different pups and haven't landed on a brand yet. I also want to get a greco and swap out pups and refret it with ss frets. First I have to pay for my duvell and put a v on order. But my shopping list has gotten bigger but vendors have gotten smaller
@Bxlxaxkxe just posted an Aldrich/Roxy shootout on YouTube. The Roxy is similar in output to a JB or Aldrich. Similar in specs. Less congested and nasaly than a JB. Not as much emphasized low end of the Aldrich or as fluid/saturated. The bass on the Roxy is more immediate/controlled and the Roxy has more “Kerrang”. I think the Aldrich is good for thickening a guitar whereas the Roxy will open it up.

@Bxlxaxkxe just posted an Aldrich/Roxy shootout on YouTube. The Roxy is similar in output to a JB or Aldrich. Similar in specs. Less congested and nasaly than a JB. Not as much emphasized low end of the Aldrich or as fluid/saturated. The bass on the Roxy is more immediate/controlled and the Roxy has more “Kerrang”. I think the Aldrich is good for thickening a guitar whereas the Roxy will open it up.
I put the Aldrich in my LP and I love it in that guitar. How does the Roxy do with lower tunings it sounds like a good fit in this application

The Aldrich has more lowend , but the Roxy has plenty, but is more tight/immediate. Because the Roxy has more upper mids, It’ll cut through better IMHO.

I'm really digging the Roxy more in this clip. I'm hoping to get a V soon so I will definitely hit you up when I do

Final shot before I get my paws on it. It was a tough decision to do this build vs a super strat but I'm glad I did.
IMG_7455.jpg

I'm really digging the Roxy more in this clip. I'm hoping to get a V soon so I will definitely hit you up when I do
Me too. This thread has me really looking forward to putting a Roxy set I bought a while back into a RR5 I just got. But I'm out of town as usual.

It's pretty sick when you need to buy a guitar so you have a place for pickups. :loco:

That guitar looks...wicked!

Last edited:
Me too. This thread has me really looking forward to putting a Roxy set I bought a while back into a RR5 I just got. But I'm out of town as usual.

It's pretty sick when you need to buy a guitar so you have a place for pickups. :loco:
I am wanting a v next purchase then a greco or some other single cut but wanting to try new pickups is definitely motivation

Definitely like the hockey stick headstock.
Thanks. I'm super picky about explorers. Lots of companies make their own style but there is always something off on them... too pointy, weird headstock, bottom horn too long, weird cut outs. Besides gibson Jericho is the only one that I really considered. At one point I considered getting an epiphone then refret it with ss frets, swap pickups etc. Then one of my friends told me that even after you do all of that you still have an epiphone and while I like epiphone, he was right.

I was extremely nervous ordering one from Chubtone even though I knew that they do good work. If this plays half as good as it looks I'm going to be extremely pleased.

I will say the whole process was extremely pleasant and I am definitely planning on getting a super strat from them although I have started lusting after stars lately. I want a V next but as soon as they start taking orders again I'm going to order a superstrat. I'm not a floyd guy but I find myself wanting one with a floyd.

Back