Value question, Mesa two one hundred

7 Stringer

1000000442.jpg

Was wondering what the value of the Mesa two One Hundred is nowadays? I have this kit lying around for years and not using it , time to sell.

Hard to find accurate pricing online, they vary all over the place!!!!

Thanks guys

It was released at the same time as the rackmount rectifier pre, in 2002. It was hella expensive (at least here in Europe) and kinda redundant with the 2:90 (which you could find used and cheap a-plenty at the time) so I guess not many were sold. It's not even listed in the Mesa chronology (https://mesaboogie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218914817-When-was-my-amp-made).
Hmmm, did not know it was that rare, had this for years and not using it, i switched to amp heads 20 years ago and never really played it since. When i wnet WDW, i bought a Carvin SS amp cause I thought the Mesa was way overkill for my purpose. So i sat in the rack ever since.

Getting old and want to thin out some gear.

Confessing my ignorance - is the Mesa 2:One Hundred not a Simul-Class offering, hence the slightly higher power rating for a similar power tube layout as the Simul 2:90?

That looks like a hella cool rig.

The 2:100 is exactly like the 2:90 with almost the same components and topology but without simul-class and without half-power switch. It has the same modern switch (reducing the negative feedback in the same way as the dual recto). It's also lacking the (useless) inst/line input switch the 2:90 has. Not being simul-class, it is slightly more powerful and punchy, less colored. It's really nice gear IMHO. Still on my mental to-buy list (along the rectifier preamp, what a nice pair), although not on the front page LOL BTW I have been using since the mid 90s a 2:90 that I dearly love.

Hmmm, did not know it was that rare, had this for years and not using it, i switched to amp heads 20 years ago and never really played it since. When i wnet WDW, i bought a Carvin SS amp cause I thought the Mesa was way overkill for my purpose. So i sat in the rack ever since.

Getting old and want to thin out some gear.
I keep feeling like this also.... but I keep buying gear to find suitable things to downsize to, but never get rid of what was there before, lol.

I own one. It's a great power amp. I can't run mine as hot as I'd like, it's very loud. Has a lot of tube colouration going, and was originally intended to be paired with the Rectifier Recording preamp. I am still trying to land one of those to see how good the combination is.

I own one. It's a great power amp. I can't run mine as hot as I'd like, it's very loud. Has a lot of tube colouration going, and was originally intended to be paired with the Rectifier Recording preamp. I am still trying to land one of those to see how good the combination is.
I had this paired with an Engl 530 pre amp and it sounded great, very loud like you say.

Sucks selling it but damn, i need to let some gear go, i am saturated!!!!!

Back