Van Halen- Beautiful Girls (instrumental) RARE & High Quality

Navigator

Just took the subject heading straight from the YouTube post.

Van Halen- Beautiful Girls (instrumental) RARE & High Quality​

I don't know if this is a newer version of the instrumental track, but it sounds fuller and more detailed than the other instrumental version I've heard. This particular clip was just posted a few days ago. For those of you who particularly dig the VHII tones, I figured you might dig it. I know I do.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hard to believe he was like 22-23 when he recorded that. 🤯

Sounds like there is maybe one stray note ringing out in the second verse that they left in. Never caught that before. Dude was such a monster rhythm player and super consistent.

Also, it gives me an appreciation for Roth’s genius in weaving a melody on top of all that time after time

Killer. Love that tone. Also dig how that quiet, single slap echo-plex is only really ‘noticeable’ on certain little licks and fills. During most of the track, it sort of ‘hides in plain sight’ just laying in the pocket with the rhythm part. Such a cool, subtle use of effects.

Just took the subject heading straight from the YouTube post.

Van Halen- Beautiful Girls (instrumental) RARE & High Quality​

I don't know if this is a newer version of the instrumental track, but it sounds fuller and more detailed than the other instrumental version I've heard. This particular clip was just posted a few days ago. For those of you who particularly dig the VHII tones, I figured you might dig it. I know I do.

Cheers.

Lots of good rare photos in that montage.
Good stuff.
Thanks for posting.
Welcome to R-T

What all these isolated clips being released lately illustrate to me is what little gain Ed was actually working with as it was just enough to overdrive but does not saturate the tone keeping the amp crunchy yet pinched harmonics still fly off the fretboard.

Just an audible observation.................:dunno:

What all these isolated clips being released lately illustrate to me is what little gain Ed was actually working with as it was just enough to overdrive but does not saturate the tone keeping the amp crunchy yet pinched harmonics still fly off the fretboard.

Just an audible observation.................:dunno:
The UD-50 will do that into any amp.

:unsure:

The UD-50 will do that into any amp.

:unsure:
Your initial clip was indeed interesting, but a bit short of conclusive. That clip had alot of post processing EQ to cut the low end looseness and wooliness that alot of fuzz type pedals have that I have test drove for the VH1 tone and I believe you had the Sunset sound effects on it as well. Fuzz pedals don't drive line signals to echoplexes very well to my knowledge there is some type of impedance mismatching you have to account for in the signal chain placement if I remember correctly for the EP3 echoplex.

The Rat gets some interesting results but I don't feel it's VH1 per se... although it accentuates alot cool harmonics and pinch harmonics and crunch as well.

I'm still kicking around a 7.5-8.3 PAF to compare to the Mighty Mite 1400...but so far the MM1400 remains king of the hill to produce the live tone in the below YT clip.

If you can record an I phone live clip of the UD50 in front of a cranked variaced plexi that sounds like this live on stage then I'm all in....

Last edited:
One of my favorite isolated tracks and tones , Somebody Get Me a Doctor . Maybe its just my ears but his tone sounds pretty gainy here

Back