VH2 Footswitch Lag Issue. Normal?

Anxiety Serum

I just got a VH2 and was wondering about the foot switch. There is a significant lag (between 2-4 seconds) when I press the switch and when it moves to the next channel or the next master volume. Is that normal or do I have an issue?

With my Mesa switching channels on the foot switch was just as fast has changing it on the unit (once you pressed down it was switched with no lag.

Hard to imagine using the footswitch in a live scenario given the lag.

I also own a VH2. What you are describing is not the case with mine. It switches over immediately, whether channel or second master. It sounds like you have a problem. I'm not an amp tech, but problems like this in the past have meant issues with the relays inside the amp. Is the amp new? If so, it's probably under warranty.

I also own a VH2. What you are describing is not the case with mine. It switches over immediately, whether channel or second master. It sounds like you have a problem. I'm not an amp tech, but problems like this in the past have meant issues with the relays inside the amp. Is the amp new? If so, it's probably under warranty.
Thank you. It is brand new.

Well shit. It just worked beautifully this time. Maybe just a new amp hiccup and need to get engine lubed or something.

Thank you. It is brand new.
Bummer, sorry man. Nothing worse than getting something new and having it be broken. I've had it happen with a few pieces of gear over the years. Where did you buy it? My first stop would be the retailer I purchased it from. If it's somewhere like Sweetwater, they'll totally take care of you.

Could be. You could also try a new TRS cable. Could just be a bad wire.
I mean it didn't work all morning, tried it several times. Changed nothing (Didn't even unplugged the cable and reconnect). I just turned it back on and it worked.

Hopefully its all good now.

Back