VH4 inserts questions

tayistay

Peter said over on this thread that the inserts are after the preamp. Two questions:

1) Are the insert returns summed? Put another way, if I patch a reverb pedal in the channel 4 insert, will I lose the reverb tail when switching to another channel?

2) Could I route the channel sends to a mixer (with my reverb in the mixer's effects loop), summing the channel outputs, then back to the VH4's power amp via the serial effects loop return?

thanks!

Peter said over on this thread that the inserts are after the preamp. Two questions:

1) Are the insert returns summed? Put another way, if I patch a reverb pedal in the channel 4 insert, will I lose the reverb tail when switching to another channel?

2) Could I route the channel sends to a mixer (with my reverb in the mixer's effects loop), summing the channel outputs, then back to the VH4's power amp via the serial effects loop return?

thanks!

1) Not summed
2) Yes it would be possible

The easyest way would be using the parallel loop however!

Ok, thanks! Let me ask another way: can I have, say, a little reverb on channel 4 and a lot of reverb on channel 1, independent of the channel volumes? Seems I would have to use the mixer method above, or get a pedal with MIDI.

Ok, thanks! Let me ask another way: can I have, say, a little reverb on channel 4 and a lot of reverb on channel 1, independent of the channel volumes? Seems I would have to use the mixer method above, or get a pedal with MIDI.

If that's the case yes, you would need to use one of the method above!

Back