VHT/Fryette amps - best high gain tones....ever?

any time someone posts “this” amp is best is going to get people talking. I think Hermansson is the best ( my Larry not done yet ) and if I posted that I’m sure lots of people would disagree . It’s all flavors and everyone has different ears .

any time someone posts “this” amp is best is going to get people talking. I think Hermansson is the best ( my Larry not done yet ) and if I posted that I’m sure lots of people would disagree . It’s all flavors and everyone has different ears .
Agreed, but many of those ears haven’t heard other amps nor heard them also compared directly to other amps. I think if more did, there could maybe be more similarities and clarities in opinions. I also try to stay away from hyperbole of saying it’s the “best ever” or other internet exaggerations that many here do

Agreed, but many of those ears haven’t heard other amps nor heard them also compared directly to other amps. I think if more did, there could maybe be more similarities and clarities in opinions. I also try to stay away from hyperbole of saying it’s the “best ever” or other internet exaggerations that many here do
I agree .so true

I agree .so true
If more others had also one of the Wizards & VHT’s/Fryette’s, maybe this entire thread wouldn’t have existed in the 1st place LOL. Or would’ve been replaced with Wizards being the “best high gain amp ever” as the substitute internet hyperbole silliness, who knows

If more others had also one of the Wizards & VHT’s/Fryette’s, maybe this entire thread wouldn’t have existed in the 1st place LOL. Or would’ve been replaced with Wizards being the “best high gain amp ever” as the substitute internet hyperbole silliness, who knows
As much as I love my wizards too there’s just different strokes for different folks . I couldn’t say anything is the best either

As much as I love my wizards too there’s just different strokes for different folks . I couldn’t say anything is the best either
I don’t say broadly an amp is the best ever, but more specifically what one amp does that others don’t match it in. The wizards for example have that punch & solidity to the notes, Hermansson’s super tight & fast with the typical trade offs that come with that

I don’t say broadly an amp is the best ever, but more specifically what one amp does that others don’t match it in. The wizards for example have that punch & solidity to the notes, Hermansson’s super tight & fast with the typical trade offs that come with that
That’s why I blend the two ! Lol seriously still my two favs out of them all . But some might like my 3++ green stripe more and I get that .or my 78 2203 which is crazy good unmodded .

You should still make your own with your own take and style on them, plus also boosting them
I will at some point. Next clip I wanna do is both my Hermanssons at once blended . I got 2 koko boosts now so I can use both sections of the koko boost on each amp lol . I’m crazy

How bad are p50es?? From the clip they are pretty mid-scooped sounding. I thought they are good for old school death metal type tone. I love fryette cab(f70 loaded). So, I wanted to try p50e loaded fryette cab someday.

I think they sound pretty good in the room, but hollow and shitty in front of a mic.

And this is totally anecdotal but they seem kind of fragile? I had one seize up in my Fatbottom 2x12 cab, and it's not like I was diming my amp through them.

It's the one and only speaker I've owned that that has happened to

The Fanes blow them away in my opinion

On their youtube show he mentioned a new UL and SigX he has been working on.
Hi, Love to get my hands on a Freyette. Does anyone know where I can get one? I'm in the UK. I've asked around at several dealers, most never heard of the brand and certainly no stockists carry it?

I think they sound pretty good in the room, but hollow and shitty in front of a mic.

And this is totally anecdotal but they seem kind of fragile? I had one seize up in my Fatbottom 2x12 cab, and it's not like I was diming my amp through them.

It's the one and only speaker I've owned that that has happened to

The Fanes blow them away in my opinion
Thanks!! I'd rather buy another fane loaded FB cab then.

here’s an iPhone video I did comparing the UL and KT150 MTL. Straight in, no external boost. Fat Bottom cab with Fane F70s

I finally acquired a Fatbottom with the Fanes today...wow. The Fanes are total sleepers, kinda V30ish with out the fizzy/spikey stuff. Kills with my Deliverance and MCII, cant wait to try it with my MTL. I was in the rare camp that kinda liked the PE50's (Blended with another speaker only, not by themselves) but the Fanes are on a whole other level.

Unearth's "Stings of Conscience" and "Endless" EP's are Fryette. I have also seen them live a few times back in the day using both Ultra-lead's and Deliverances and their tone was crushing! That said, apparently Ken Susi never really loved the Fryette stuff. An Ultra-lead is also all over Slipknot's "Iowa" album.
In the eyes of fire, that is all Deliverance, and you can so hear it!!!!! Love that album's tones man.

The Deliverance cab w/P50s was by far the most disappointing gear purchase I've made...probably back in 15 or so. That cab got so much love on this forum, it HAD to be killer with the D60 and 120 I had at the same time. Ugh...farty, flat sounding and very directional. Couldn't wait to return it to GC. Too bad since it was like 299. Lol

Back