VHT SIG X price check?

skullfxr

Exactly this. In great shape with foot switch and OG cover. Fresh tubes. I am considering selling and can't find a reference price.

What do you think?

I am looking for an earlier dual / trip 2 ch recto.

Cheers.

My experience.
I had trouble selling mine, it took a long time and I eventually traded it for a guitar. I was trying to sell for $1100, which I thought was a pretty good deal. Mine was missing the footswitch, the back plate and has s scratch on the front that could be seen at certain angles. But everything worked and sounded great.

Here are the SOLD ones on Reverb:
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=sigx&show_only_sold=true

Tops $1500 is my guess. I think one was recently on GC used for $1399 but no idea if that's what it ended up selling for.

When you can find one, it's arguably the best bargain amp out there.

I bought and sold mine for $1,100 a few years back. Tops would be like $1,300, but everything is inflated right now. If you're going to sell it sell now.

I don’t know; that’s like the ‘flagship’ VHT correct? Not much out there, I’d imagine it would be closer to 2K with the market the way it is.
Edit: I see there are a few on Reverb for less. Oh well.

1200?
I never see them used.

It's a bit try but not like the other Fryette amps. Wasn't as aggressive as I like for high gain.

Great amp though. Sucks they don't make a lot any longer.

There was a Sig X head and Deliverance 4x12 local to me that the seller had priced at $1850 for the package for whatever that is worth.

It has been even worse in Europe.

Bought mine close to $1200, sold it for around $950 (equivalent) and mind you, it was mint, with the original footswitch (without scratches).
I hard a hard time selling it, since it's a relatively unknown brand for the masses.

Certain brands fetch little money here, especially when it comes to the full size tube heads (80-150W), since a lot of folks -myself included- are looking to downsize, and find that perfect match of tone and portability.
Aside from my teenage days in a death metal band, I'd never gig with a 1x12 (combo), mind you, but a beefy sounding 2x12 is currently my go-to for most gigs.

Anyway, if you can sell it for $1200-1300, consider yourself lucky, is what I'm saying. ;-)
You'd recon it *does* deserve more, but the market's shifting...

The market is not what it was a year or two ago. Everything is completely different now. Supply and demand has completely changed for everything.
Virtually all used gear has gone up in price significantly.
You can always lower the asking price or sell for less.

Back