VHX questions

XxEL-34xX

I'm using a Bluetooth airstep midi pedal and a volume/expression pedal to control the volume. Is there any way to lock the volume setting to what the volume/expression pedal is set to and not change when selecting a different preset?

Attachments

• 20220902_182852.jpg
    20220902_182852.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
You can do it using the same volume for every preset and just use MIDI CC8 to control it with expression pedal.
Thanks Leo

I want to lock the volume setting to my expression pedal so when I change presets it's the same number as my expression pedal.

Example -
I'm on preset 1. Volume is 50. I use volume pedal to raise it to 65.
When I change to preset 2 I want the volume to stay 65 same as pedal and not change to the volume preset 2 was saved as.

Thanks Leo

I want to lock the volume setting to my expression pedal so when I change presets it's the same number as my expression pedal.

Example -
I'm on preset 1. Volume is 50. I use volume pedal to raise it to 65.
When I change to preset 2 I want the volume to stay 65 same as pedal and not change to the volume preset 2 was saved as.
What CC command are you using currently?
It should work already with CC8

What CC command are you using currently?
It should work already with CC8

It is working using cc8

It changes the volume for the current preset. When I change to another preset the volume changes to the volume that preset was saved to. I want the volume to stay the same and not change. I have to move the volume pedal to get the volume back to where I want it. May not be possible just thinking would be a nice feature if possible.

Sorry if im confusing haha

It is working using cc8

It changes the volume for the current preset. When I change to another preset the volume changes to the volume that preset was saved to. I want the volume to stay the same and not change. I have to move the volume pedal to get the volume back to where I want it. May not be possible just thinking would be a nice feature if possible.

Sorry if im confusing haha
Then CC7 may do it! I will check once in front on my PC may be a mistype in the manual as there are 2 volume CC, one is for channel volume while the other is for master volume, the master volume is not updated when preset is changed so if CC8 is updated CC7 should do it!

Then CC7 may do it! I will check once in front on my PC may be a mistype in the manual as there are 2 volume CC, one is for channel volume while the other is for master volume, the master volume is not updated when preset is changed so if CC8 is updated CC7 should do it!
Midi CC 7 did the trick. It is the poweramp volume! Thank you so much Leo!!

Back