Video demo of my Pink Taco

I`d seen your vid on YT a few months ago while I was scoping out the PT , very cool playing

hammered":1y3ap2ck said:
I`d seen your vid on YT a few months ago while I was scoping out the PT , very cool playing

Thanks for watching. Did you end up buying one? I just put some NOS GE 12AX7 tubes in my PT and it opened up the sound quite a bit. The ARS 12AX7 tubes that came in the amp seemed to compress out at a really low gain. The GE tubes let me turn the gain up more and still get good note articulation and punch, also harmonics and feedback seem to be sweeter with the GE pre-amp tubes.

57Strat777":sl4murpg said:
hammered":sl4murpg said:

Thanks for watching. Did you end up buying one? I just put some NOS GE 12AX7 tubes in my PT and it opened up the sound quite a bit. The ARS 12AX7 tubes that came in the amp seemed to compress out at a really low gain. The GE tubes let me turn the gain up more and still get good note articulation and punch, also harmonics and feedback seem to be sweeter with the GE pre-amp tubes.

I bought a Small box a few weeks ago that I`m really digging. I replaced V1 with a Ruby 12AX7AC5 HG+ and V2 with a Ruby 12AX7WBC HG . The high gain tones are really smooth yet it`s got some nice bite. I`m still trying out boost pedals on the clean/plexi channel but even with just the amp alone that channel sounds really good

Back