WAZA TAE setup/connection question

thenine

Hi All

I am about to receive a used amp that has only a 4 ohm output. I have a WAZA TAE but I do not have a 4 ohm cabinet. For cabs I have

1 - Uberkab 8 ohms input
2 - Marshall 4x12 16ohms input or 2x 8ohms inputs
3 - Splawn 4x12 16ohms input or 2x 8ohms inputs

How would you set this up? The TAE has "From Tube Amp" - 4ohm, 8ohm, 16ohm inputs

For output it has "To Speaker" OUT A and OUT B PARALLEL OUT

Q: how would you hook this up? I need to use the WAZA with this setup as the amp I am getting has no FX loop and I am the most delay addicted MOFO you will ever meet.

Go - from amp to 4ohm input or 8ohm input on WAZA?
Then out to 2 8ohm inputs on one of my cabs?

Maybe in to WAZA 8ohm input and out just OUT A to 8ohm Uberkab?

If there are 2 speaker out jacks on the amp you could run 2 cables to any pair of 8 ohm speaker combos. No TAE needed.

I would set the "From Tube Amp" to 4 ohms so that it matches up with your amp properly. Same thing for the input wattage.

The speaker output uses the TAE's internal, solid state power amp. It does not interact with your amp in any way. The TAE is a full out load box, so you can safely run it silently without even connecting one of your cabs to the back. If you choose to connect any of your cabs, you are effectively reamping your amps tone with the TAE's neutral power amp. My understanding is you just need a minimum load of 4ohms with whatever you connect to Out A, B, or both.

SpiderWars":391j76da said:
If there are 2 speaker out jacks on the amp you could run 2 cables to any pair of 8 ohm speaker combos. No TAE needed.

sorry - I should have mentioned there is only 1 4 ohm output

Tiger1016":zebmishq said:
I would set the "From Tube Amp" to 4 ohms so that it matches up with your amp properly. Same thing for the input wattage.

The speaker output uses the TAE's internal, solid state power amp. It does not interact with your amp in any way. The TAE is a full out load box, so you can safely run it silently without even connecting one of your cabs to the back. If you choose to connect any of your cabs, you are effectively reamping your amps tone with the TAE's neutral power amp. My understanding is you just need a minimum load of 4ohms with whatever you connect to Out A, B, or both.

awesome thanks!

Set it to 4 ohms to match your new amp and if you have a higher value like 8 as you described that's fine, it's when you have less than the setting on the amp that you'll have a problem.

SS maybe and if that's the case matching isn't as critical for eminent failure. It does need to be done but SS amps are tougher in that regard.

Your Marshall cab should have the option of either 4 or 16ohms mono. All stereo 1960 cabs do. If for some reason yours is different you can just get a 1960 jack plate for it.

thenine":cjqekbed said:
Mr. Willy":cjqekbed said:
Metlupass2":cjqekbed said:
Wtf amp only has a 4 Ohm output?

Pretty sure my old Fender 67 Bassman head only had a 4ohm output.

Bingo!
Those have two speaker out jacks though. This was exactly what I thought when you said it only has a 4ohm speaker out, I have one too.

SpiderWars":2p8yhnf2 said:
thenine":2p8yhnf2 said:
Mr. Willy":2p8yhnf2 said:
Metlupass2":2p8yhnf2 said:
Wtf amp only has a 4 Ohm output?

Pretty sure my old Fender 67 Bassman head only had a 4ohm output.

Bingo!
Those have two speaker out jacks though. This was exactly what I thought when you said it only has a 4ohm speaker out, I have one too.

this amp is modded with a presence in one of the speaker jacks leaving only a single 4 ohm output.

Working great plugged in the 4ohm in the TAE. I get some signal clipping (red light) but discovered this only happens with the presence low. If I turn the presence up the reds are gone.

I don’t get all the WAZA hate. I read the other thread. Mines working great. Fantastic unit. My amps sound great with it.

Back