Weekend Mark IIc++ jams

Bram576

Busted this thing out this weekend. Been playing my Wizard MTL the most lately, trying to figure out my ideal settings. Decided to change it up a bit this weekend. Usually try to change the amp I’m playing every week, so I don’t feel as bad about me taking up so much basement space. I dug how I did my last video featuring both stereo guitars and isolated single mono track. Also someone complained and went on a rant how I never do leads in videos, so here’s some weedly wopps for you.

I dig it man and agree with Tom that this conveys the sound of the c+ well. I’ve gone back and forth with my feelings on the C+. In some ways I feel they are incredibly overhyped. But there’s a particular sonic quality about them that takes me somewhere no other amp does. It’s on loan with a friend but now I want to play mine :ROFLMAO:

your settings are pretty similar to mine, though i have more knobs pulled but ill usually change those for a little L/R separation. i know how this sounds and feels in the room and its :love:

I dig it man and agree with Tom that this conveys the sound of the c+ well. I’ve gone back and forth with my feelings on the C+. In some ways I feel they are incredibly overhyped. But there’s a particular sonic quality about them that takes me somewhere no other amp does. It’s on loan with a friend but now I want to play mine :ROFLMAO:

theres just so much to fuck with, and each of my guitars sounds so different with mine, but when you do find it its magical.

I’m the same way, go back and forth with it. But when you plug in and it does the thing it’s known for, man it just rips your face off.

How much gain were you running in ++ mode? For multi tracking I often find that less is more (to a point).

Side note in how all these amps are a little different, with my current switchable +/++, when I engage ++ I have to go +1 on the presence to match things back up. (TBH I don't recall how the last few I had behaved here.)

How much gain were you running in ++ mode? For multi tracking I often find that less is more (to a point).

Side note in how all these amps are a little different, with my current switchable +/++, when I engage ++ I have to go +1 on the presence to match things back up. (TBH I don't recall how the last few I had behaved here.)
++ wasn’t engaged here

I personally prefer + over ++ for IIC’s.
I've really gone back & forth here over the years. In the bedroom I tend to prefer ++. In the band I definitely prefer boosted +. For recording, I'm somewhere between boosted + and ++. We committed to boosted + for this album and in hindsight ++ may have been a little thicker & greasier.

Back