Went to the ENGL North Hollywood showroom today *VIDEO ADDED

Ive never been a fan of them but that one sounds great. As always your playing sounds outstanding too!!

gibson5413":yokwrxig said:
Awesome playing Jason! Seriously, you have some of the best metal chops I have heard on the boards. The Retro is the best sounding amp in their stable right now (to my ears). I really like what I have heard so far.

Thanks a lot, brutha! :rock:

thegame":yokwrxig said:
Never thought I'd hear an organic sounding high gain ENGL. Your vid sounds great. I noticed this amp has no presence knob. Does the supposed Class A power section have something to do with that ?

BTW Congrats on your William Riker -ish impeccably groomed beard. Many men are envious. :LOL: :LOL:

Make it so, Number One. :LOL: :LOL:

Digital Jams":yokwrxig said:
Many men find Jason's metrosexual mangrooming to be pleasent and yes his beard is also very nice to look at.

:hys: :hys: :hys: :emofag: :emofag:

gbsmusic":yokwrxig said:
Ive never been a fan of them but that one sounds great. As always your playing sounds outstanding too!!

Thanks a lot...this amp is pretty different for them. Should change some minds about the brand.

Jason is a cool dude and monster player. It cracks me up that he is Bob Dylans tech and his playing style is as brutal as anything I have ever heard. Talk about irony. :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

wow, between you and Doug, this thing sounds killer man! Nice playing and demo Jason, that was really cool. I'm already an ENGL fan, so this thing sounds right up my alley. :rock:

Erock":nk0nwj8g said:
wow, between you and Doug, this thing sounds killer man! Nice playing and demo Jason, that was really cool. I'm already an ENGL fan, so this thing sounds right up my alley. :rock:

Doug is a killer player, man. That guy totally rips.

Thanks for the kind words, Eric, I appreciate it!

King Guitar":1inf98zs said:
Jason is a cool dude and monster player. It cracks me up that he is Bob Dylans tech and his playing style is as brutal as anything I have ever heard. Talk about irony. :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

YES!!!! You're not the only one who loves that irony!!! :rock:

Eric

ericb":1fbpos1g said:
Love hearing this stuff. . I was the 1st guy I know who heard of Engl back in the 80's. They had the digital amp that remembered a few presets, and then the Straight 100, the 620 /520 preamps,etc. You could find them used in Boston , or at the original Daddy's stores ,but very rare. . The Boston band SHOCKRA had this guitarist who used the digital combo and he got some of the best tones ever (early 90's) . . . I still have the 520 preamp , Engl Screamer combo , and a 4x12 from the early 90's , a 100 watt stereo power amp with boosts, and my favorite is this 2x35 watt rackmountable stereo el84 amp. . It's 3 channels , 2 amps in 1 and rare as hell! I love it. Then Engl took a huge hiatus , and then in the past 10 years or so started cranking out the amps. .. . I haven't been lucky enough to try any of the modern gear they make ,but have surely heard lots of views on them , and I'm glad some of you guys are digging them . Eric

Eric- is the 520 Preamp with 3 channels 4 tubes a much warmer classic rock pre than the 630 ?

Capable of smooth Marshall type tones and do you still use it ?

To the OP- thanks for posting the Video- sounds great for an Iphone- I could tell you were reacting to the Tones of the Amp- Free/Bad Company etc. and I agree with what everyone says about ENGL- wondering if the E520 preamp was Classic Voiced AND if the current E570 can do these tones in Vintage Mode?

Looking forward to the *Retro Studio Classic with this preamp and about .2 to 2 watts of Tube Power Amp and direct outs to go to Cab IRs plus drive a Speaker for micing simultaneously.

* OK - I made this up - but love the voicing on the Retro- what do you say ENGL ?

Back