What’s the tightest amp with the biggest low end you’ve played. ?

When you get your Larry I'll bet that amp has a lot of what we're talking about. That's what I've been told anyway.

They are a seething cascade of bloom and harmonics.

I will never be able to go back to another amp - there was an initial adjustment period, but now my Larry has become bonded with me in a synergistic relationship 😂

I can't imagine using ANYTHING else for high gain, anymore. At least for my own music.

They are a seething cascade of bloom and harmonics.

I will never be able to go back to another amp - there was an initial adjustment period, but now my Larry has become bonded with me in a synergistic relationship 😂

I can't imagine using ANYTHING else for high gain, anymore. At least for my own music.
That sounds almost spiritual. It’s as if Larry’s actually inside of you.

That sounds almost spiritual. It’s as if Larry’s actually inside of you.

Quite often, when I'm not making demo songs with it, I snuggle up with my Larry on a bearskin rug, in front of a roaring hearth

And actually, the first time I played a Dino could pretty accurately be described as a religious experience.

So, more than "almost spiritual" 😂

I had that combo. did not like the Diezel k100 cab at all. Overly dark and flat. IMO, The Fryette cab was best with all the amps in this pic....
PJGHPS8.jpg
Did you ever try Fanes in your afterburner? I have the V30/K100 combo in the Mills now, and it kills. But I am curious to try the fanes in there, too. I would order the fryette, but I hate stereo cabs. I am wondering how much it would make a difference since Mills are rear loaded and fryette front loaded

Did you ever try Fanes in your afterburner? I have the V30/K100 combo in the Mills now, and it kills. But I am curious to try the fanes in there, too. I would order the fryette, but I hate stereo cabs. I am wondering how much it would make a difference since Mills are rear loaded and fryette front loaded

No. Never tried Fanes until I got the new Fryette cab. I now have them in a Wizard cab too. I really liked the v30/K100 combo in my old Mills cabs. Sounded really good with my Diezels. In the end though, I thought the best speaker combo I ever tried in the Mills was Scumback H75LD/H55.

No. Never tried Fanes until I got the new Fryette cab. I now have them in a Wizard cab too. I really liked the v30/K100 combo in my old Mills cabs. Sounded really good with my Diezels. In the end though, I thought the best speaker combo I ever tried in the Mills was Scumback H75LD/H55.
I am just wondering, are Wizard cabinets rear loaded?

I've been hemming and hawing about reloading my redplate 4x12 with the h75ld/h55 combo - that's what Jim recommended to me, anyways.

Got any clips of that cab?

I've been hemming and hawing about reloading my redplate 4x12 with the h75ld/h55 combo - that's what Jim recommended to me, anyways.

Got any clips of that cab?

No I don't have clips. I think that combo worked great in the over-sized Mills cab. When I put them in my standard sized Wizard cab, I found it to be a little too boomy. If the redplate cab is a standard sized cab, I'd skip the h55s and do 4 75s. I actually ended up going with J75s/v30s at the time.

I will say that when Cesar brought your Larry over, we played it through my Fryette FB/Fane F70 cab and it was near perfect - super tight and percussive with a jet-engine like punch. That's actually the cab he used with it when he owned it as well. If I were you, I'd get one of those over putting new speakers in your current cab.

No I don't have clips. I think that combo worked great in the over-sized Mills cab. When I put them in my standard sized Wizard cab, I found it to be a little too boomy. If the redplate cab is a standard sized cab, I'd skip the h55s and do 4 75s. I actually ended up going with J75s/v30s at the time.

I will say that when Cesar brought your Larry over, we played it through my Fryette FB/Fane F70 cab and it was near perfect - super tight and percussive with a jet-engine like punch. That's actually the cab he used with it when he owned it as well. If I were you, I'd get one of those over putting new speakers in your current cab.

I get really good results with UK v30s in my red plate and the Larry, so you're right, it's probably a good idea to leave it as is.

The real question is would the fat bottom 2x12 with fanes do the trick, or do I need to go for the 4x12?

I'm going to need another dedicated "Larry cab" anyways, as I have a PMM on order.

I get really good results with UK v30s in my red plate and the Larry, so you're right, it's probably a good idea to leave it as is.

The real question is would the fat bottom 2x12 with fanes do the trick, or do I need to go for the 4x12?

I'm going to need another dedicated "Larry cab" anyways, as I have a PMM on order.

I don't have much use for cabs with less than 4 speakers, so I can't help you there. lol

I don't have much use for cabs with less than 4 speakers, so I can't help you there. lol

I generally don't have any use for smaller cabs, at least for high gain amps, either - that's why I asked the question.

I already have the very nice red plate 4x12, as well as very nice homemade 1x12 with a 55hz scumback that I use for my 93 matchless Clubman

It just seems like it would make sense, versatility wise, to have an "in between" sized cabinet

The only 2x12 I've ever played that could really hang with 4x12s was a very early bogner OS cab. Everyone shits their pants over the boogie 2x12s, but they honestly sound like 2x12s at least to me

Back