What are your favorite Bogner amps?

beckstriad

I have had the good fortune to play a bunch of Bogner amps, and Reinhold is one of the great builders out there, I think. All the ones I have played interestingly seem to have a similar, quite specific voice that is pretty unique to Bogner.

My favorites:
100 - legendary. Every channel sounds phenomenal and I feel like each one could be its own amp. The Variac adds another dimension to the blue and red channels.
Caveman - So many options, but tons of great tones. I especially like the Marshall voicings and each setting on the Schizo switch is incredible. Love the quirk of the lightbulb in the circuit.
Seco Mojado - two great amps in one enclosure with awesome ability to blend and it sounds especially incredible when using multiple cabs.

So, what are you favorite Bogner amps?

I seem to always dig Bog's but Shiva 20th is my current fav and in the stable. XTC 50W looks dope and man I woudl like to hear a Pandora or the new Uber!

I had Rev blue modded by Reinhold and had kt88s that I should have kept but was given an offer I could not refuse

I have to say Helios for me. I have a 50 watt Helios and it is everything I wanted for Bogner modded Marshall tones.

I have gone through a lot of amps to find this out too : Bogner 101b / Uberschall v1 / v2 green jewel / blue revision / twin jet / Shiva

Helios is the handwired tightest tracking one so perfect in my opinion to my ears. I love it all.

I have to say Helios for me. I have a 50 watt Helios and it is everything I wanted for Bogner modded Marshall tones.

I have gone through a lot of amps to find this out too : Bogner 101b / Uberschall v1 / v2 green jewel / blue revision / twin jet / Shiva

Helios is the handwired tightest tracking one so perfect in my opinion to my ears. I love it all.

Sounds like you’ve had a bunch of great ones.

Bogner really knocked it out of the park with the Uber Ultra. It’s a very versatile amp that can get myriad tones, but it absolutely slays at metal. The only downside is that it’s pretty noisy on the highest gain settings.

Bogner really knocked it out of the park with the Uber Ultra. It’s a very versatile amp that can get myriad tones, but it absolutely slays at metal. The only downside is that it’s pretty noisy on the highest gain settings.

The new Ultra series amps seem to be vaunted. I'm sure for good reason. the clips of the ecstasy ultra and uber ultra are great.

From what I have owned:

101b (1996 model)
Uber Rev Blue
Uber Rev Green
Shiva 20th
Helios 50w
Helios 100w

Ranked favorite to least favorite.

Anyone have the new 50W XTC? that one seems cool, back in the day I had a Bogner modded JMP, JMP cost me $200 and I think the mode was like $150 LOL

Back