What DAW do you use?

Digital performer since version 3 i think (christ i'm old)
Since v2 here. :rock:

To the OP:
Digital Performer is cross-platform.
The "light" version is free with a MOTU interface and the company happens to make (IMHO) the two best-value (pro-quality) interfaces on the market (M2 & M4? I've forgotten what they're called).

Turns out the light version is all most peeps need. Way-more powerful than typical cut-down versions of DAW's. No track or channel-number restrictions.

I have used logic for a few years but I’m not that big on it. I liked protools more. I liked Cubase more too. But now that I use mostly AU plugins, and Mac, I believe I could try reaper with AU plugins…I still have protools 9 on discs, but no disc drive, so don’t use it. Damnit.

I was using Studio One for a while and then Luna for a bit but moved away from the UA universe and got back into Pro Tools. I picked up the Carbon system. Love it and it works great! I've used it before for many, many years so it was nothing surprising for me other than some updates.

1660722713834.png

Pro Tools is as close to an industry standard as you’ll find, bury these days everything is used.

I started out with Cakewalk in the 90’s, then moved to PT, and now use Logic.

I use reaper and had 0 experience prior. The guy that mixes our stuff uses pro tools and it's pretty alien looking to me, I dont think I could get the hang of it.

if you happen to have a Mac just use the free garageband app. its simple and fully featured. if all you're doing it dabbling at home, it really has everything you could possibly need.
That's why I hate Apple. I have heard garageband would be the best (free, easy, enough for me with just dabbling at home), but I don't have a Mac.

In fact I am told I am the only person of my socioeconomic background that doesn't have an iPhone. I have an Andriod because I hate how Apple does business. I have to buy your hardware to use your software. I mean I can use Google or Microsoft word on any platform. But if I want to play iTunes I need your device.

I wish they'd just sell garageband for windows.

Cakewalk - I was a paying Cakewalk Sonar customer for years and now that it's totally free I'm still all in.

I personally find it to be as easy as any other DAW I've used in the past (Cubase, Ableton Live)

I also use Maschine which is sort of a DAW in a way

Cakewalk - I was a paying Cakewalk Sonar customer for years and now that it's totally free I'm still all in.

I personally find it to be as easy as any other DAW I've used in the past (Cubase, Ableton Live)

I also use Maschine which is sort of a DAW in a way
Yeah that's the only one I've ever tried. It was not intuitive to me but maybe none of them will be if you don't have any background in it. Probably need to take a class or somethign.

Yeah that's the only one I've ever tried. It was not intuitive to me but maybe none of them will be if you don't have any background in it. Probably need to take a class or somethign.

Actually this one is probably better as it seems to also show you how to set up basic tracks etc.

Studio One. pretty easy to use, especially for a simpleton like me. VERY casual user. i bet I'm not even scratching the surface, I use it to record ideas and maybe throw a simple drum track on it frm ezdrummer.

I've been using Reaper for years. I had zero experience before I tried it. I find that it's easy to get answers for any questions or issues that I run into. I did eventually pay the $60. I used it for a long time before that though.

Back