What do you use for Drums?

I have all of toontrack’s products, bought GGD last year but just wasn’t a fan of the sound. I still use EZ Drummer 2 more, but I enjoy the Ugritone midi packs more than toontracks offerings. Strictly my opinion though.

Superior with a shit load of SDX’s
I'm starting to see that too... where they get you is also in the cymbal sounds. The stock kits are pretty damn good in SD3 but the cymbals are lacking. The expansions give you the sounds and the cymbals plus extra grooves. Incredible how far these programs have come. Pretty soon session guys will be asked to record midi off 400$ e drums and send it to the producers for processing through superior drummer. There ya go session guy, here is your 60$ a song.

I'm starting to see that too... where they get you is also in the cymbal sounds. The stock kits are pretty damn good in SD3 but the cymbals are lacking. The expansions give you the sounds and the cymbals plus extra grooves. Incredible how far these programs have come. Pretty soon session guys will be asked to record midi off 400$ e drums and send it to the producers for processing through superior drummer. There ya go session guy, here is your 60$ a song.
Man seriously. I have just started making my own loops using my Alesis Strike Pro kit. Record them right in SD3. Save the project and bring into my daw.

So convenient. I got the Metal Foundry last year when it was in blowout for $49. Everyone says those are some of the best cymbals in the ToonTrack library. I’d tend to agree.

Can you use EZ expansions with SD3 then? I want the Big Rock Drums expansion..just converted my acoustic to Electronic (just waiting on the high hats) and I want to live monitor myself playing some big F U drums in the corner of my basement. Man, this project cost me about 1500$ with 3 ply mesh heads and triggers and making my own triggered cymbals but should be worth it when I am jammin without my wife telling me the snare is too loud.

Back