What Floyd Rose Bridge works with what Block?

Stone Tone Products

To clear this up the 1500 Series Tremolo is not discontinued. Schecter, Charvel and others continue to use it on new production runs. The 1500 Series is the 1000 Series Tremolo with stainless steel screws and push-in style arm as upgrades, whereas the rest of the parts (including the plate) are the exact same as the 1000 series. This bridge is, and always was, available only to OEM's and is not sold aftermarket. Hope this helps set the record straight.

I make the upgrade sustain block.
If you need it, I have it.

Last edited:
I have a FR 1000 6-string in a guitar that could use a little more brightness and easier harmonics. It has Mojotone DW Tomahawk v1 pu's.
You're good to go, The regular and Loomis blocks will fit your bridge. This block will fix those concerns and give you much more on top of that.

IMG_5501 (1).jpg
In this photo this artist had a 32mm stock block and increased it to a 42mm You can see how the block clears the back plate but not the top of the spring so he couldn't put the back plate on. Some players are fine with this and some are not but the biggest issue players realize after installing a larger block than the factory size is that the angle of the springs from the block to the spring claw has increased much more than when it was lower moreso parallel with spring cavity with the 32mm stock block.

The concern here is the tension or feel of the bar it had prior to installing the larger block, so to make this 42mm block have the same or close to the same feel as the 32mm there are several adjustments with the spring claw and spring tension required by a qualified tech.

This is why I offer the thicker blocks for those who want more mass but don't want to compromise the feel or have to get into all the adjustments necessary having a tech set it up the way you want by installing a taller block for more mass.

Last edited:
IMG_0340.jpg

This Floyd Rose Special 7- String Bridge • plate • (pictured) has the holes center to center wider than the Regular blocks that only fit - The Original 6 & 7 String bridges, Special 6- String Bridges & 1000 Series 6-String bridges.

Only 2 types of Floyd Rose 7-String Bridges that the Standard Blocks DO NOT FIT are the • Floyd Rose Special 7 String Bridge and the 1000 Series 7 - String Bridge.

IMG_9780.PNG

I've got alot of emails from people that took their bridge apart to realize the block they purchased doesn't fit.. ever have this problem? There is no universal 1 fit all sustain block..

If you have a FR SPECIAL 7 STRING, FR 1K 7 STRING or FR PRO 7 STRINGS all have the wider displacement on the baseplate for the mounting hardware. Floyd Rose does not sell the Stone Tone upgrade for the above mentioned 7 String Bridges yet I do.
IMG_9780 copy.jpg

tempImage1Cd2JG.jpg
There are 2 types of Peavey bridges, this one "pictured" fits the original most popular sustain block Floyd Rose sells compared to the other "Peavey"bridge where the Logo is stamped on the base plate by just itself like the bridge I have on my 2004 Peavy Wolfgang. None of the Floyd Rose sustain blocks fit the bridge I have yet I do make that upgrade.
DSC00170.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_4744.jpg

To clear this up the 1500 Series Tremolo is not discontinued. Schecter, Charvel and others continue to use it on new production runs. The 1500 Series is the 1000 Series Tremolo with stainless steel screws and push-in style arm as upgrades, whereas the rest of the parts (including the plate) are the exact same as the 1000 series. This bridge is, and always was, available only to OEM's and is not sold aftermarket. Hope this helps set the record straight.

I make the upgrade sustain block.
If you need it, I have it.

Last edited:
Back