What gear are you planning to buy in 2024?

MadAsAHatter

I just bought some bass gear; an Ashdown Rootmaster 610 cab and Ashen Miley amp (a little 6 watt bass amp).
I'll eventually get the components and transformers on the Matamp GT120 clone I'm going to build. I already have the board and chassis.
I have a few things other things on the list like something from Sonictone and an Allen Chihuahua kit, but I may not be able to get them this year.

I'm focusing mainly on saving up to buy a new shed then convert the garage into my music space. I need a new shed anyway since the little tin one I have is nearing the end of it's lifespan. Right now I use the garage as my work shop and all my music gear is in a bedroom. The plan is to get a big enough shed and move my workspace to there. Then insulate and add a mini split AC to the garage for all my music gear. The bedroom will likely be used as a workout space. I know my wife wants to get a treadmill and I wouldn't mind a small weight bench. I'm hoping to have the shed done and starting on the garage within the next 6 months.

What are the rest of you planning to buy this year?

I'm interested in the mini VH4 that never came out...supposedly 2024 is the year.

vs05xlew8fj6nbk4erln.jpg

Some type of newer production Marshall style amp, and either a nice HSS strat or LP type guitar. Possibly one of the little orange lunchbox tube amps.

I’m also working on putting together a nice pedalboard for home use only. I just bought a nice delay, reverb, phaser, & some nice fuzz/dirt options. Still looking for a chorus, looper-switcher & maybe a compressor.

I’m trying to limit myself to a couple of big items a year that I’ll likely keep long term. Cheaper items like pedals I don’t mind going through & re-selling.

Reactions: rsm
I don't know. I feel like I should get some amp. I'm thinking a DSL or a Runt 50 or a Ceriatone, but I don't need any of those things. I'm interested in the Friedman mostly for the allegedly really good effects loop.

Misc. electronics parts for mods, builds, and repairs. In particular adding per-tube bias controls on the peavey valve king I picked up. Possibly power scaling too. Would like to get a speaker re-coned as well. Finally, I'm hoping I'll get lucky and be able to snag a Pitbull 100 at a good price.

Other than small stuff like pedals and whatnot, I plan on buying one more amp to round out my collection. Not sure what it's gonna be yet. Maybe a SLO, maybe an Ecstasy.

-Something in the Marshally realm, SLP or maybe a Ceriatone, XTC, etc.
-2nd loadbox to use with/potentially replace my Torpedo Live
-One of some 90s/early 2000s R7/R8/R9/R0/68 reissue

Zildjian and Beyerdynamic also have major anniversaries this year, will see if they put out anything reasonably priced haha

Back