What gear are you planning to buy in 2024?

Assuming I wander into more money than I make now this is the list of stuff I’m looking for and keeping an eye on.
Mesa IIB coli or mark 3 coli
Another Marshall cab with 75’s or maybe 65’s
A solid delay, maybe a Pcm41/42
A maple neck les Paul custom in white or black.
A power supply for a pedalboard so I stop tripping on cables.

I ordered a new Colossus from KSR back in October. I'm sure it should be ready soon. Does that count for 2024? BTW, I should call them a call in a few days to see how it's coming along. Is NAMM this week? Maybe next week would be better to reach out to them.

Assuming I wander into more money than I make now this is the list of stuff I’m looking for and keeping an eye on.
Mesa IIB coli or mark 3 coli
Another Marshall cab with 75’s or maybe 65’s
A solid delay, maybe a Pcm41/42
A maple neck les Paul custom in white or black.
A power supply for a pedalboard so I stop tripping on cables.
You and I have similar taste :cheers2:

New tube head.
Wireless unit.
Hopefully a Fernandes BSV... unlike some other 80s Japanese guitars they're still in the obtainable price range. Just finding one that isn't beat to shit is the hard part. I got a RST-50 recently and it's awesome, so I definitely wanna get 1 or 2 more Fernandes guitars.

lp std 50s but later in year
boat is swallowing my cash through summer

Attachments

• IMG_2494.jpeg
    IMG_2494.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 13
This wasn't one I intended to buy, but it popped up used for a pretty great price & after a week of seeing it, I caved. Took me 10 seconds to realize it was exactly what I was looking for.
IMG_2845.JPG

Pretty well built my collection of guitars and amps where I am really happy!

That said, I have been really missing having a Mesa Mark amp around and one of my biggest regrets is selling my old mk4. So, I think I am going to track one down. May even get a short combo, as they seem cheaper than the heads and put it in a rack unit!
Same here I sold my "B" version back in 2014 and have really regretted it lately, the prices on them is nuts though:(

Man, I picked up a Mark IV Rev B this last year. You're right about those prices! I remember years ago when you could get the Mark IV and Mark III especially for cheap. That said, when I plugged it in for the first time and tried out the lead channel I knew right away it was a keeper. That lead channel is magical. Perfectly suited for both tight metal rhythms and liquid leads.

Same here I sold my "B" version back in 2014 and have really regretted it lately, the prices on them is nuts though:(
Oh I know man....that is why I think I am just going to grab a combo and put it in a rackmount. For some reason, the combos I see are significantly cheaper! I hope we both get one and sensibly hold on to it; they are really great amps and the last of classic Mark series in how they are laid out circuit wise!

Man, I picked up a Mark IV Rev B this last year. You're right about those prices! I remember years ago when you could get the Mark IV and Mark III especially for cheap. That said, when I plugged it in for the first time and tried out the lead channel I knew right away it was a keeper. That lead channel is magical. Perfectly suited for both tight metal rhythms and liquid leads.
Dude, I bought my MkIV in the early 00's for 800 Canadian. Those days are long gone! Haha!

Upon plugging it in, I had the exact same thoughts: effortless liquid leads with a great combo of saturation and punch....and a crushing rythm tone that could hang with my Fryette/VHT Pittbull Ultra-lead, which was my go-to amp at the time!

I'd like to buy a bass so I don't have to borrow one for recording.

I'd also like to buy a Ludwig 402 snare and a pair of Paiste Formula 2002 15' Sound Edge hi hat cymbals. (Good enough for Bonham, good enough for me.)

Absolutely ZERO here. Been spending $$ on Deep Drop/ Electric/Slow pitch fishing gear. The Mrs enjoys it too, so I have to buy AT LEAST 2 of EVERYTHING.

I will be thinning out guitar gear considerably in 2024/2025.

Back