What Orange amp do you have?

I love what I've heard of the Dual Dark and came close to ordering one a couple times, but I can't get past that single knob eq on Channel B. That would drive me nuts.

stargazer747

Rocker 15 Terror
Brent Hinds Terror
Jim Root Signature #4 Terror
Dark Terror
Micro Dark Terror
Custom Marshall 412 with Celestion Vintage 30s @ 8 Ohms
Two EVH 5150 III 112s comes with Celestion Heritage @ 16 Ohms
Modified Blackstar HT112 with Celstion Vintage 30 @ 16 Ohms

RyeDaddy

Currently just a Thunderverb 50 and a PPC412. After a ton of buying and selling this was the one that stayed and just “fit” right. Would love another OR15 in the future, with the Jim Root mod wired to a switch to change between voicings, I’d also love for Orange to bring back another BIG iron amp, perhaps a Thunderverb 200 Mk2.

Previously owned:
Dark Terror
Jim Root Terror
Rockerverb 100 Mk3
Dual Dark 50
OR15
Thunderverb 200

Dr. Tweedbucket

I'm thinking the Retro 50 is giving me all the beef that I want in my sound

Good build quality on this one ^

It's got a good vintage tone to it and seems to love pedals right in the front end (all I ever run is maybe an OD and a delay).

Nigel

Rocker 15 Terror
Brent Hinds Terror
Jim Root Signature #4 Terror
Dark Terror
Micro Dark Terror
Custom Marshall 412 with Celestion Vintage 30s @ 8 Ohms
Two EVH 5150 III 112s comes with Celestion Heritage @ 16 Ohms
Modified Blackstar HT112 with Celstion Vintage 30 @ 16 Ohms
I just did a 100 ohm cathode bias resistor and 6n14n tubes to my Brent Hinds, and my god! 150 ohm isn’t enough juice. 120 is great, 100 is Van Halen, especially on 7 watt. The whole amp gets browned like a variac on that setting. May go as low as 75ohm with a DPDT switch for different bias at different voltages

The B+ is about like a Z Wreck, and the good doctor uses the old Russkie EL84’s with the 100 ohm.

If you’ve never had the 6n14n’s, do yourself a favor and try a set. They are head and shoulders above JJ’s and are basically 7189 spec.

Nigel

7 watt, 100ohm, dimed EQ, gain @ 3 ‘o’clock, 8 ohm out into a 16 ohm V30 is Van Halen mode.

So delicious!