What piece of gear will you never part with?

Fuck me dude. You’re my gear idol. Would you be my gear consultant and share your gear acquisition strategies with me? 🤘
Ha! How much time do you have to hawk over forums & sale pages to be the first guy on deals?

Honestly Hannies are getting hard to find now that Reverb banned them. Which is a fucking shame.

Well, never say never, but my #1 guitar for the last... about 23 years now has been a red PRS Custom 22. It's basically the guitar against which I judge everything else I play. It is one of the best guitars I've ever played and it would be the first thing I thought of and grabbed in the event of a fire.

Also, I've got a Mesa Triaxis with a TX4 Recto board and no phat mod, and it sounds absolutely incredible (with a good EQ). They don't make them anymore, and the ones with the TX4 boards and no phat mods that were relatively rare among the ones they did make. I can't see myself selling it if I have any real choice at all.

Larry Dino

Yep, it truly is an incredible design

I assume it isn't everyone's perfect amp, but it certainly is perfect for me. It feels like it was specifically designed for players who have solid right hand technique.

There really isn't an offer in the world I would take for my 822, and I've gotten some crazy ones already 😂👌

I’ll never part with my very early transition
‘’84 Boogie MKII C+ Simul-Class EV loaded Bubinga/Wicker Combo

260C5FE9-50F3-4146-8CB4-188BF195F299.jpeg

Or this either
‘80 Gibson Jimmy Wallace’58RI “Proto” LP Standard

E69FAE58-2BA9-40BD-B440-66B36004B650.jpeg

9/13/2021 by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Everything this picture.

I had the Jackson made for me in 1988, it's on it's 5th Floyd Rose, I have a full drawer of parts. It's that hard to find Floyd, so if I see parts on eBay, I snarf them up and rebuild at this point. I re-topped the Steinberger GR4, the Quad Preamp was better than my C+, C++ and Mark IV, III's and it will forever be my sound. The Boogie Thiele is the best, sell it? Never. I've had that BBE 822A for 30+ years & 4 space cases, c'mon, I need more of those.

1988 Jackson RR reverse headstock by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Boneyard Steinberger by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Last edited:
9/13/2021 by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Everything this picture.

I had the Jackson made for me in 1988, it's on it's 5th Floyd Rose, I have a full drawer of parts. It's that hard to find Floyd, so if I see parts on eBay, I snarf them up and rebuild at this point. I re-topped the Steinberger GR4, the Quad Preamp was better than my C+, C++ and Mark IV, III's and it will forever be my sound. The Boogie Thiele is the best, sell it? Never. I've had that BBE 822A for 30+ years & 4 space cases, c'mon, I need more of those.
What’s so special about those thiele cabs?

My Gittler Titanium, Ibanez PS10 and Engl E651 Artist Edition 100 + 2 x Engl E212VHB Pro Cabs (V30s).

But they are small 1x12? 😯
I have a Marshall Origin 50H and a 50C (combo). Running the 50H into 2 4x12 Marshall cabs vs the 1x12 combo, I'll take the combo pushing all 50 watts into one 12" speaker. Sounds bigger than I thought, and much louder too.

I have a Marshall Origin 50H and a 50C (combo). Running the 50H into 2 4x12 Marshall cabs vs the 1x12 combo, I'll take the combo pushing all 50 watts into one 12" speaker. Sounds bigger than I thought, and much louder too.
Interesting. Who would have thought.

My Gittler Titanium, Ibanez PS10 and Engl E651 Artist Edition 100 + 2 x Engl E212VHB Pro Cabs (V30s).
Be honest with me, has anyone joked about that Gittler brand name yet?

Reactions: rsm
Is it Marshall Rockstah Mod5?
Yup - it’s the No logo head in my sig pic. It’s a Metro 1959 Superlead chassis, believed to be Mark’s #2 ‘ground up’ build, as opposed to his mods in a factory Marshall amp. It’s well documented and has his sig inside the chassis. Kind of a one-trick-pony, but it does that trick really, really well.

Yup - it’s the No logo head in my sig pic. It’s a Metro 1959 Superlead chassis, believed to be Mark’s #2 ‘ground up’ build, as opposed to his mods in a factory Marshall amp. It’s well documented and has his sig inside the chassis. Kind of a one-trick-pony, but it does that trick really, really well.
Wait, I got confused. Is it a Marshall or ground up George build?

Reactions: PDC
Back