What piece of gear will you never part with?

Man, I know they aren't popular around these parts, but the early Matchless stuff is magical, man. There's so much dimension and depth to go with the voxy "chime," and they record so well. I bet that GRP sounds absolutely killer.

The biggest surprise with mine is the blues breaker/ACDC tones when it's cranked - it completely killed jtm/dirty Shirley GAS for me.
I played a Matchless years ago, think it was a Chieftan, that sounded glorious. One of the best clean/crunchy tones I’ve ever played.

I’d totally sell my Kalamazoo, MI made Les paul customs before I let go of my 74 Marshall. Both sound and play great but I can count on one hand how many inspiring Marshall’s I’ve played in my life.

I think there’s two camps in music - one that feels guitars are most important, and the other that feels the amp you play is most important. I can definitely say without a doubt that for me, even with the best playing guitar, a shit sounding amp will wear you out at the end of the night.

My 1989 Hamer USA Californian Standard

375707_3602551901759_1752164789_n.jpg

I have a Timbre Wolf in a US Peavey LTD HB and it’s a great pickup. To me it delivers on what I hoped the BKP Holy Diver would be but wasn’t.
It comes across to me as a high output PAF. It’s got great clarity but still plenty of grind. It cleans up with the volume great too

Guitar- My 2008 Hanny that Jeff signed (left in pic). Having nothing to do with the sig, best guitar I've ever touched. Plays itself & rips in every amp it's ever jacked into.

Amp- My 1983 Mark IIB+ Coliseum (also in pic). Crushes everything, including the 6 IIC+ I've had.
Dang dude. You’re my gear idol. Would you be my gear consultant and share your gear acquisition strategies with me? 🤘

Last edited:
My first Gibson LP, Marshall AFD nor JCM. The sound and feel is always there with the JCM and LP. And the AFD partially because I couldn’t believe I got it in trade for a Kemper I didn’t yet know how to use so didn’t appreciate,

Back