What Synergy modules would you like to see next?

If you look at Rob's and Antonio's list of mods for the Randall modules there's a lot of variety. Orange amps, Framus Cobra, Splawn, Naylor, Krankenstein, Bad Cat, hybrids like the Voxless or Plexi-Tweed. Synergy could always do some releases of things like that if there's no copyright violations.
That Framus module looks killer

Its been 17 months since the last release.
Id take a Gorilla SS preamp at this point if only to prove the fucking product line is still alive.

The Synergy lineup is already really solid. Anything new would just be a slight variation on something that already exists. I understand they need to keep releasing new products to stay relevant, but I don't see what releasing a Recto or 5150 is going to give if you already have the Uber and SLO.

I guess Orange could be interesting if you're wanting something more doom oriented, but any of their more modern amps, like the Rockerverb and Terrors, could easily be replicated with an 800 or Friedman module. Wizard and Larry are never going to release a $400 module when their amps cost 10x that. Aren't they just high end modded Marshalls, anyway? Plenty of that in the Synergy system already. Driftwood, Mezzabarba, KSR, etc are all covered close enough by the Uber and SLO, too.
Ive owned nearly every mod and i politely disagree. Discontinue the old and bring new out.
The ones w shared controls should all be redone.

The deliverance v2 is underway to get rid of the unacceptable fizz at lower gain.

The plexi module was WAAAAAY too hot rodded.

I agree that a 5150 and recto is already covered by the Poweball and SLO (also rumored for a v2)

What we NEED is more low to mid gain modules.

I want a low gain, correctly voiced plexi and some sort of Orange voice.

Again - the BE Deluxe was originally stated to be able to toggle a “low gain” mode, which is why several of us really want that to finally release.

Ive owned nearly every mod and i politely disagree. Discontinue the old and bring new out.

The deliverance v2 is underway to get rid of the unacceptable fizz at lower gain.

I agree that a 5150 and recto is already covered by the Poweball and SLO (also rumored for a v2)

Again - the BE Deluxe was originally stated to be able to toggle a “low gain” mode, which is why several of us really want that to finally release.
Absolutely !

Fair enough. I agree, the shared modules should be updated. I don't know why any of them were done that way. I also have no interest in the low gain stuff, so have no idea what's missing there, but it seems like they have quite a bit of ground covered there based on the models. Whether they're accurate or not, I have no idea, I never bought them.

Personally, what I'd like to see is Synergy release some original/exclusive modules. It's great that the amp builders are the ones who designed their respective modules. They sound awesome, but it's also still trying to capture a flagship amp in modular form which can only take you so far.

Synergy already has the basics covered. How about something designed from the ground up that's unique and NOT trying to capture an amp already in existence. Imagine if they released a fresh ENGL, Friedman, Soldano, et. all module that was unique to the Synergy system.

As far as other hardware a 4 slot preamp (SYN4) or a 100 watt head with 3 slots + dedicated clean would be really nice.

Nailed it. I agree.. that Plexi has way too much gain on tap. Make it act like a real Plexi.. have both channels and allow them to blend. Then add a " variac" switch which sort of mimmics the response you get with just a tad more gain. Get a Park amp in there, get some more Fenders and a Supro.

If I had to recommend an update, I would like to see some type of built in IR loaders on the rack units and the heads. Similar to the PT15, or even the Revv Generator 3.

With a huge part of the sound coming from the speakers, doesn’t matter how many different flavors of modules you put out. If they all run through the same poweramp and speakers, they are all going to have that degree of similarity. No way around it.

At least having the option to have a few IR,s to select on the fly would be a cool option.

Personally, what I'd like to see is Synergy release some original/exclusive modules. It's great that the amp builders are the ones who designed their respective modules. They sound awesome, but it's also still trying to capture a flagship amp in modular form which can only take you so far.

Synergy already has the basics covered. How about something designed from the ground up that's unique and NOT trying to capture an amp already in existence. Imagine if they released a fresh ENGL, Friedman, Soldano, et. all module that was unique to the Synergy system.

As far as other hardware a 4 slot preamp (SYN4) or a 100 watt head with 3 slots + dedicated clean would be really nice.
I totally agree with you about having Synergy putting out some unique modules. Concerning the 4 slot preamp or 100 watt amp head with 3 slots, I would track down an Egnater M4 preamp or the Mod 100 amp head.

The one I want most is when someone pours an excessive amount of accelerant and lights them all on fire. In reality which strymon has no awareness of actually builds a multi fx rack but will that day ever come, I doubt it...

Last edited:

I dig this idea!

Back