What ya guys watching?

I just finished binging the first nine seasons of the X-Files. My god, I'd forgotten how things deteriorated at season 7. Season 9 is just awful. Robert Patrick is generally pretty decent, but the writing and story telling just went to shit.

I was in like, 4th grade when it originally aired. When they re-started it a few years back I wanted to re-watch the original series and I totally forgot how campy and goofy it was a lot of the time. My memory of it was a very serious show that actually scared the shit out of me some times. :ROFLMAO:

Great show though. I watched it regularly growing up until around the time Patrick took over. I think I had taken a season off and when I went to catch up I was so turned off by it I didn’t bother.

After our kid goes to bed, my wife and I typically watch a lot of raunchy standup, like Segura, Jeselnik, Burr, etc. Lately we stumbled on Drybar via Youtube, and ironically have been pretty hooked on it. Some are duds, but most are pretty entertaining. Either that or we re-watch shows like Arrested Development or Parks and Rec. We found that comedies bring us out of the day to day rotation of suck that is life :p

Excellent show. I'm so happy they brought it back for season 3.

The sex talk scene had me laughing so loud my wife came and checked on me!
Then the last scenes of season 2 had tears running down my face.

Best show I've seen in a long while.

I just started watching Manifest on netflix. Good show thus far. Not sure if there will be an ending to it though.

I just started Manifest,too. So far not bad.

If you haven’t watched “Dark”, I would highly recommend that—excellent Netflix series.

Should I assume everyone saw Cobra Kai? If not, get on it.

I'm watching The Walking Dead.

I watched 3 or 4 episodes when it first came out, but lost interest pretty quickly. I recently played Days Gone for the PS4, and it reignited my interest in zombies. Turns out the plot of the game is suspiciously similar to the show. (not sure which one came first)

Anyway, I'm almost done season 3, and for the most part, the show is predictably stupid, with very few likeable characters, and literally everyone constantly doing stupid things and behaving as if they have absolutely zero common sense. I love it. Correction: I like it.
I'm 4 or 5 seasons behind so I cant comment on those but the first 10 or so were really exciting. Not a lot of dead weight in my opinion.

I'm 4 or 5 seasons behind so I cant comment on those but the first 10 or so were really exciting. Not a lot of dead weight in my opinion.

It must have been an easy show to write. Basically you ask yourself "what would a logical, rational person do?" Okay, so they're not gonna do that! :ROFLMAO:

I stopped watching partway through last season. Lost interest. The writing doesn’t seem very good anymore

Sinner was real good.
Just finished the Amerikans
Other recent good ones were
Fauda on netflix
And good pandmic series on netflix
to the Lake was made in Russia precovid

I stopped watching partway through last season. Lost interest. The writing doesn’t seem very good anymore

That's a shame. Doesn't surprise me though. I was afraid that would happen when they put the Walking Dead showrunner in charge of the franchise ( trying to avoid spoilers here -the guy that killed off that one original character everyone loved and concentrated on one of the bad guys people thought was overdone... that caused the ratings to slide down a bit).

Last edited:
Back