What's the best online resource to learn about midi?

War_in_D

Although I'm a child of the 80's, and have had a few rack systems, I never really got into midi as far as a switching option. Is there a good online place to learn about it (setting it up, using it, etc.)? I'm in the process of building out a system in my guitar room to house my amps, cabs and such and I built a 12 space rack mount into the middle to house a power conditioner, the Fryette PS100 and eventually a De Lisle 8x8 Deluxe rack mount head switcher. I was thinking about picking up a rack mount effects unit, maybe an EQ, etc. and was thinking about trying to use MIDI to switch the rack gear. Any suggestions on a good resource to learn about all that?

IMG_20210921_190038502[1].jpg

Hmm, may have to fire up the wife's ebook reader that's been gathering dust in the closet! For $579.95 for the paperback version, he better be coming to my house to set it up in person! LOL

It's cause his books are rare these days. He was THE MAN when it came to learning all the new tech
coming down in the 80s cause he had a very easy to understand way of teaching stuff.

You folks should do a brain effort sometimes.... the word MIDI or midi has been used and abused in many fields, like furniture design, electronic devices, to indicate the size of a product in a line. It's generally typed as "midi" because they can't use "MIDI" for obvious reasons. So there are more valid reasons to type it right.
There is never anything bad in being correct in a language particularly when one is worried about CAPS being a rude choice vs. being correct.
What happened? Internet girls habits got more important and official than true international standards? Do Trump or Boris worry about that?

You folks should do a brain effort sometimes.... the word MIDI or midi has been used and abused in many fields, like furniture design, electronic devices, to indicate the size of a product in a line. It's generally typed as "midi" because they can't use "MIDI" for obvious reasons. So there are more valid reasons to type it right.
There is never anything bad in being correct in a language particularly when one is worried about CAPS being a rude choice vs. being correct.
What happened? Internet girls habits got more important and official than true international standards? Do Trump or Boris worry about that?

Whoa they're.. you leave brain farts outta this!! Their is no reason to go they're. I no you mean well, but geez.. Do you get paid by the MIDI?

What about this thread?? You jump all over me, but give this one a pass??? C'mon man!

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/best-midi-preamp.228776/

Back