Whats the best solo of the 80s??

best solo of the 80s??

• Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • other

Votes: 29 93.5%

• Total voters
I wouldn't sweat it brother.

You can cover his whole catalogue, which is vast, by simply listening to Rising Force... if ever you're feeling strong-enough to make it through the material. At least you'll be able to say, "I've heard all his stuff". :LOL:

I’ve tried before and I’m just not strong enough. His solos, much like Adele’s singing hit some kind of nerve with me that just makes my muscles tense and I get a severe migraine and I can’t turn the shit off fast enough. There’s not much I’d rather not listen too

ive never been able to make it through a complete yngwie song
I can't make it thru Every Rose. Most hair metal for that matter. We all have our sub-genres or artists that are a hard no.

Truth is I can't make it thru most of of Yngwie's material either. But Rising Force is so full of piss and vinegar that I still like it.

I’ve tried before and I’m just not strong enough. His solos, much like Adele’s singing hit some kind of nerve with me that just makes my muscles tense and I get a severe migraine and I can’t turn the shit off fast enough. There’s not much I’d rather not listen too
Agree

Can’t lie. First thing that came to mind was Hot For Teacher. The odd timing, the swing, just so much that all the copy cats and wannabe’s could never do well. The rhythm playing in Top Jimmy is some of my favorite soloing..lol Plus any number of Angus solo’s on the 80’s AC/DC records. Just smokes all the time. Little Fighter is a standout as well. Plus throw in a few Gary Moore treats. Always really dig the solo in Ride The Lightning.

There’s a few Saxon solo’s that sneak in around 1980. Dallas 1pm is a good one. They had great raw Marshall tone back then.

Rhoad’s outro on “Revelation Mother Earth”. The combination of the underlying rhythm and the construction of the solo is outstanding. Then the way it just flows straight into “Steal Away the Night” which is a great riff in its own right.

The work above the 12th fret was interesting to really figure out. Once it was isolated and slowed down took some listening to figure out what he was doing.

this is one of the best solos of all time let alone the 80s. CC through his searing crates perfectly captured the heartache and emotion im sure Brett was going through losing a prime pam anderson. just incredible

This is the best CC solo in my opinion (2:30ish in)

Of couse this album came out in 1990 so I guess it's not relevant :D

I wouldn't say it's "THE" best but the solo in Tears For Fears "Shout" is perfection in the context of the song and super underrated in my opinion

Back