What's the Klon clone to get?

I had the gold and silver klon at the same time. With the tone pots set equally, they sounded a bit different. A simple adjustment of either one, and they sounded identical. I attributed this to a variance in pot values. The gold (w/sword wielding centaur) looked cooler.
Definitely looks cooler. One of my friends has a gold with horsie. Will do an AB comparison when he’s back from Germany, but won’t be able to afford it if I end up liking his more haha

I'm wondering with some of these long responses how I would find time to actually play my guitar!?!?
I’m just crazy and have no life outside gear and classical guitar, but at least with classical I can play. Would post my clips, but prefer to stay anonymous on here. I write lengthy responses when I’m feeling passionate enough in the moment haha

I haven't been impressed with my RYRA as compared to the other ones I've been A/Bing. I'll probably be parting with mine soon.

How could I have forgotten this? I ran across a very cool pedal that's become my go-to when playing through my VOX and Ampeg amps. It's called Mystery Brain BS-301. Absolutely addicting! The preamp is a simple level + bass cut design. I tried it as a preamp only with my Marshall SJ in-place of the Centura. I prefer the BS-301 preamp. They make preamp only version as well.

https://www.thenocturnebrain.com/collections/pedals

If you use the Klon as an always on pedal at lower gain setting, consider the Greer Lightspeed. Interestingly It works better toward the end of the chain.

Grabbed one for my live rig. Been loving it at home so far which is unusual with Klon style pedals for me
Had this one, flipped it fast. The hype is huge, but the pedal wasn't all that, imo.
I had a KTR forever, but got tired of hearing the bonk every time I touched the pedal. It was noisy.
The hand built one-off I have now, in a dual pedal with a POT clone, sounds as good as the KTR or Centura, better than the Ikon, Tumnus, Decibelics, Conspiracy Theory, AF and all the others I've had.

Had this one, flipped it fast. The hype is huge, but the pedal wasn't all that, imo.
I had a KTR forever, but got tired of hearing the bonk every time I touched the pedal. It was noisy.
The hand built one-off I have now, in a dual pedal with a POT clone, sounds as good as the KTR or Centura, better than the Ikon, Tumnus, Decibelics, Conspiracy Theory, AF and all the others I've had.
I literally can’t put my Tele down when I have the decibelics turned on. Never had that feeling from any other klone

So far, this is my all-time favorite.
Stunning😳👍

9C9F8FFC-1766-471B-97A0-F0688A85ED60.jpeg
6BDD82AD-7DE8-4DDB-99B4-914A26B30838.jpeg

Back