Whitebox / Jet City cabs

KentC

Going for another 2x12 and narrowing down to either Avatar or Jet City. Does anyone have any experience with the Jet City line of cabs? While looking at some Avatar cabs, I remembered in the back of my brain a company called Whitebox, so I went to look up some info on them and see what their prices are like now compared to Avatar. However now it seems like the Whitebox company doesnt seem to be around anymore, and just lists a page for Jet City amps. Now I think I remember a while back that the guy who owns Jet City is the same guy who owned / built Whitebox cabs, so maybe that explains it all. Maybe I'm wrong about all that. But anyway, Does anyone have any experience with the Jet City line of cabs? They have a cheaper line of cabs called the Dragon series http://www.ampfactory.com/dragon-series/ as well as an American Custom line http://www.ampfactory.com/american-custom/ which are very reasonably prices it seems. That dragon series 2x12 for $199 seems like a steal if the cab is any good. Most likely made overseas, but maybe it's worth it for just something thats just going to be in the living room. So does anyone have any experience with either of the lines of cabs, preferably the American custom? Was really looking at one of the Avatar Contemporary cabs, but this Jet City stuff had caught by eye too.

I have a Whitebox Modern 2x12 that I got a while back, I think when they almost first came out. I also noticed that the brand is gone now and is being sold under Jet City, but I'm not surprised, since it seemed like there was almost zero marketing or branding, which is kind of a bummer since they made good stuff. The one I have seems to be what is now the American Custom.

The cab is excellent quality. The material and construction is solid, and panels that make it closed, half, or 3/4 on the back fit together so tight that it's actually hard to remove them after you've unscrewed the screws. The cab sounds great, the low end holds up well, and it's not spiky or directional. Overall, it's a solid cab and I have no complaints, and if they're still making them the same way now as when they were Whitebox, I would recommend them.

I own a Whitebox Modern 2x12. I think it was Doug White that owned Whitebox and they are indeed gone form what I could tell. Doug was/is part owner in Jetcity. I talked to Doug a shit ton of times when I was contemplating the Whitebox and he was a great guy. Probably some of the best customer service I've dealt with.

As for the cab: The Whitebox Modern 2x12 is fucking solid. Pretty much for the same reasons jsp listed. Quality is TOP NOTCH. Mine's loaded with G12K-100s and I've owned/played about 12-13 heads through it and all sounded phenomenal. I really have had zero desire to play through any other cabs since I got it 10 years ago.

I've been thinking about another cab and its definitely gonna be a USA built Jetcity, probably a modern 2x12. Looks to be the exact specs as my Whitebox. Kick ass cab for the money.

I have several Jet City MIC cabs as well as a Jet City MIA 2x12. Whitebox eventually moved over to Jet City. The MIC cabs are actually really nice, and the American built ones are even better (I *believe* they are built in the same factory as Soldano cabs).

Sounds like I'll end up getting the American Jet City. The 2x12 with K100's sounds like a sweet deal for $450 shipped!

It's a little more coin, but I have an Avatar signature 2x12 that I got the optional dovetail joints. Best sounding 2x12 I've had including all the boutique stuff.

Back