Who can mod my weird amp

Dyllheaven88

A while back I purchased a jackson guitars 80s prototype 50 w took it to Dave F to get it going , might take it back for modding but who’s doing cool high gain Marshall mods ? Looking for more modern high gain while retaining the Marshall bite . I have a old wizard 100 w PT I might throw in there too .

Attachments

• 73C6BE5C-AFB7-4B3C-8392-62AA9A5457AB.jpeg
    73C6BE5C-AFB7-4B3C-8392-62AA9A5457AB.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 82
  • D4F8E48F-6CFF-4D59-B01F-2CD4B8DD0274.jpeg
    D4F8E48F-6CFF-4D59-B01F-2CD4B8DD0274.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 82
Looks like a JG2. The preamp circuit is exactly a jcm800 topology, but all different values. Then the rotary selector thing changes the tone stack around. The transformers and other hardware is good stuff though, no point fitting the wizard transformer. The power amp section is already regular marshall.

You could reconfigure the circuit to regular 800, BE, JEL, or similar. Then there is an unused gain stage that could be added as a boost stage like the HBE does. Simple for any modder.

Looks like a JG2. The preamp circuit is exactly a jcm800 topology, but all different values. Then the rotary selector thing changes the tone stack around. The transformers and other hardware is good stuff though, no point fitting the wizard transformer. The power amp section is already regular marshall.

You could reconfigure the circuit to regular 800, BE, JEL, or similar. Then there is an unused gain stage that could be added as a boost stage like the HBE does. Simple for any modder.
Solid advice thank you ! That’s pretty much what I’m looking for a an extra gain stage for a little more oomph

Yes what? You do not make any sense with your posts. They are out of context. I'm guessing you are not a real person. :dunno:

OP, I would ask in the main forum to get more attention. :yes:
Im half expecting his followup... "we've been trying to reach you about your cars warranty expiring"

Im half expecting his followup... "we've been trying to reach you about your cars warranty expiring"
:LOL:

Right? He got to 49 posts and stopped posting. We think he is a bot. We will be waiting for this user to make a mistake.

But yeah, main forum may get you more hits/ideas on your request.

Back