Who here has been banned from TheGearPage TGP?

sutepaj":oakhwyzo said:
Why does anyone give a shit if they are on TGP, or any message board or not? There is so much knowledge on the internet. You don't need one place or another.

You can't give people on the internet carte blanche for their posts. I used to do that and found out the hard way that many have no first hand or real world experience. The information is there, but whether the info is actually fact or experience based is another question entirely.

Dick Butter Nuts":29tv2i4p said:
I once commented that while Wink Martindale's performance on the original Tic-Tac-Dough series was charming if not admirable during the 1956-1959 season, the 1978-1986 run contains Wink's best work and made Tic-Tac-Dough the game show classic we all remember today.

Got a stern warning and two weeks off for that one.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
giphy.gif

jiveturkey":3vrtl290 said:
Dick Butter Nuts":3vrtl290 said:
I once commented that while Wink Martindale's performance on the original Tic-Tac-Dough series was charming if not admirable during the 1956-1959 season, the 1978-1986 run contains Wink's best work and made Tic-Tac-Dough the game show classic we all remember today.

Got a stern warning and two weeks off for that one.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
giphy.gif

At least one person got the joke!

:D

^ Welcome to Rig-Talk.

It is not completely lawless here (thank goodness) but as you've probably discovered already, you are not going to get banned for petty stuff here. Lots of cool topics and also some very smart builders/modders and excellent guitar players :yes:

MonsterTone":3a7fqswk said:
I was recently banned from two guitar forums. Both of which I’m not the slightest bit sorry. I don’t apologize, and I’d say all the same stuff over again a billion times.

The first one was literally the dumbest shit I’ve ever f*cking heard. It was on a forum called “Guitar Gear Forum”, and literally all I did was say that I did not like DSLs or EVH amps. In typical guitar forum fashion, they all ganged up on me, called me a “troll” (because everything someone disagrees with on the internet nowadays is automatically a “troll”). Next thing I know, I was banned, and the reason was literally because I had the wrong opinion on amplifiers. Namely, I didn’t like DSLs or EVHs.

So I said f*ck those communists, and their “wrong think” rules on that crap-ass forum, and went to TGP. That was the sorriest bunch of dipshits I’ve ever talked to. I started a off topic thread wherein I shared a video of Nirvana bashing Extreme, then asked what people thought of it. I was decent enough to write in the body of my post not to bash Nirvana, even though I took Extreme’s side, as they are my favorite band. The whole thread was 17 pages long of everyone once again ganging up on me, ripping on Extreme, and just doing what jerks on the internet do and crucifying me. Even though I never once bashed Nirvana, and even sang Nirvana’s praises on some posts. I merely defended Extreme. Didn’t matter to them. Extreme and me I guess were just supposed to be their punching bags. So I got tired of their crap and made a final post wherein I said I hated Nirvana, and was happy Cobain blew his head off. I expected to be banned for that one, and sure enough was. I consider it a badge of honor. To hell with those nerdy internet jerkoffs who probably can’t even play.

Not sure if you are even around anymore but I am just now reading this thread.

1.) So you go to GGF and start talking about how you don't like the DSL or 5153. Do you realize how popular those amps are - especially over there? No wonder you were called a troll. Maybe try blending in instead of standing out if you are looking for acceptance.

2.) I think any logical minded person could see how igniting a fire around Nirvana bashing Extreme at a snowflake forum like TGP is going to get you in trouble. Again, I'm scratching my head.

3.) Then you came here and started a thread called 'Getting a Prostitute'. Pretty sure that was your first thread. You got some criticism along with valid suggestions and all you did was play things down and basically give up and play the pity card. Why?

311splawndude":3f8hnd19 said:
^ Welcome to Rig-Talk.

It is not completely lawless here (thank goodness) but as you've probably discovered already, you are not going to get banned for petty stuff here. Lots of cool topics and also some very smart builders/modders and excellent guitar players :yes:

MonsterTone":3f8hnd19 said:
I was recently banned from two guitar forums. Both of which I’m not the slightest bit sorry. I don’t apologize, and I’d say all the same stuff over again a billion times.

The first one was literally the dumbest shit I’ve ever f*cking heard. It was on a forum called “Guitar Gear Forum”, and literally all I did was say that I did not like DSLs or EVH amps. In typical guitar forum fashion, they all ganged up on me, called me a “troll” (because everything someone disagrees with on the internet nowadays is automatically a “troll”). Next thing I know, I was banned, and the reason was literally because I had the wrong opinion on amplifiers. Namely, I didn’t like DSLs or EVHs.

So I said f*ck those communists, and their “wrong think” rules on that crap-ass forum, and went to TGP. That was the sorriest bunch of dipshits I’ve ever talked to. I started a off topic thread wherein I shared a video of Nirvana bashing Extreme, then asked what people thought of it. I was decent enough to write in the body of my post not to bash Nirvana, even though I took Extreme’s side, as they are my favorite band. The whole thread was 17 pages long of everyone once again ganging up on me, ripping on Extreme, and just doing what jerks on the internet do and crucifying me. Even though I never once bashed Nirvana, and even sang Nirvana’s praises on some posts. I merely defended Extreme. Didn’t matter to them. Extreme and me I guess were just supposed to be their punching bags. So I got tired of their crap and made a final post wherein I said I hated Nirvana, and was happy Cobain blew his head off. I expected to be banned for that one, and sure enough was. I consider it a badge of honor. To hell with those nerdy internet jerkoffs who probably can’t even play.

Not sure if you are even around anymore but I am just now reading this thread.

1.) So you go to GGF and start talking about how you don't like the DSL or 5153. Do you realize how popular those amps are - especially over there? No wonder you were called a troll. Maybe try blending in instead of standing out if you are looking for acceptance.

2.) I think any logical minded person could see how igniting a fire around Nirvana bashing Extreme at a snowflake forum like TGP is going to get you in trouble. Again, I'm scratching my head.

3.) Then you came here and started a thread called 'Getting a Prostitute'. Pretty sure that was your first thread. You got some criticism along with valid suggestions and all you did was play things down and basically give up and play the pity card. Why?

LOL. I didn't think that any of the scenerios MONSTER tiny pecker posted were shocking. Coming on here just to start a prostitute conversation was actually well tolerated she was used to her.

Dick Butter Nuts":1jcr4q0x said:
dm426":1jcr4q0x said:
Someone had a thread going over there a while back, which has since been deleted, and part of it was about the HBO Michael Jackson documentary.

And I got a two week ban for the following: "There is evidence to suggest Michael Jackson may have been a vile person." I thought that was pretty milquetoast, but I was informed my conduct would not be tolerated. Well! No private messages, no warnings, just a two week ban straight out of the gate. Even made the ban so I couldn't even read the forums or receive communications on my classified listings. Nice.

And now they're deleting posts and threatening bans over there because someone said "boobs" in the Game of Thrones discussion. I'm not kidding. And two posts later people were posting memes with "F****** this, and F****** that" and nothing was said.

Not sure what the point of a discussion forum is where no real discussion is permitted. I guess TGP is okay to chat about tube amps and your grandmother's biscuit recipes, but that's about it.

Folks, I've been running large forums for almost twenty years, and if any of my moderators or admins acted as confused and hypersensitive as the ones at TGP, I would welcome them back into the general membership with a pat on the back and a thank you for their efforts.

Good lord.

I'm guessing "gassed out flap jack titties" wouldn't go over too well either.

2 fried eggs nailed to the wall probably wouldn’t go over well either.

The prostitute thread just reminded me of stories gramma used to tell
Around the dinner table at Xmas. She was a fun gal.

Mailman1971":3anvrcs1 said:
Dick Butter Nuts":3anvrcs1 said:
dm426":3anvrcs1 said:
Someone had a thread going over there a while back, which has since been deleted, and part of it was about the HBO Michael Jackson documentary.

And I got a two week ban for the following: "There is evidence to suggest Michael Jackson may have been a vile person." I thought that was pretty milquetoast, but I was informed my conduct would not be tolerated. Well! No private messages, no warnings, just a two week ban straight out of the gate. Even made the ban so I couldn't even read the forums or receive communications on my classified listings. Nice.

And now they're deleting posts and threatening bans over there because someone said "boobs" in the Game of Thrones discussion. I'm not kidding. And two posts later people were posting memes with "F****** this, and F****** that" and nothing was said.

Not sure what the point of a discussion forum is where no real discussion is permitted. I guess TGP is okay to chat about tube amps and your grandmother's biscuit recipes, but that's about it.

Folks, I've been running large forums for almost twenty years, and if any of my moderators or admins acted as confused and hypersensitive as the ones at TGP, I would welcome them back into the general membership with a pat on the back and a thank you for their efforts.

Good lord.

I'm guessing "gassed out flap jack titties" wouldn't go over too well either.

2 fried eggs nailed to the wall probably wouldn’t go over well either.

Or heavy hanging droopy danglers.

I’ve never ever looked at TGP or had any reason.
My god we gotta Peter Diezel posting here!???!
Why look elsewhere. ;)

Dick Butter Nuts":806ywx29 said:
I've got no problem with fat chicks as long as they have big cans.

Pretty sure you'd be disappointed. Fat chicks would have already eaten what was in the cans first. ;)

LP Freak":2gctpqj6 said:
Yea, if you choose to post over there you better walk on egg shells.

Not really just need to be thoughtful of your words and you can get your point across.

I have had a post removed for something I wrote, big deal it is not my house.

Back