Who here has been banned from TheGearPage TGP?

No. Not really. They will ban you for things that they do not ban others for if the moderator has a burr up his ass. I got banned for for using the word "penis" in a tongue in cheek way. No arguing, fighting, or name calling was going on. Reason for ban: "Inappropriate conduct: used word penis". What I said in jest to someone complaining about a crooked buyer who he wanted to run off was: "well, you could always ask his penis size...".

After the ban was over, I contacted others who I had seen use the word penis in similar ways. They were never banned or warned. For that matter the rules at TGP are to "keep it PG-13" since 13 year olds and older can use the site. The word "penis" is used in PG-13 movies routinely (so are drug references BTW).

What you have to be on TGP is boring, plain, vanilla. If you say anything that a mod decides that they don't like, the will ban you... and you have no recourse. If a mods buddy wants to take a shot at you, their mods will run you out of town... and that has been verified in multiple instances.

If you have not run afoul of the mod squad on TGP, you are lucky. You either are being really dull or you have not been there long enough.

I can see what you're saying. I bet some of the mods have missed others' posts over at TGP saying the 'P' word. It's a huge forum so it is probably difficult monitoring all posts. You shouldn't let it get to you. Take a break from the computer & spend some more time with your pet doggy because if you don't then you will even forget your own name.:confused:

51266670.jpg

I can see what you're saying. I bet some of the mods have missed others' posts over at TGP saying the 'P' word. It's a huge forum so it is probably difficult monitoring all posts. You shouldn't let it get to you. Take a break from the computer & spend some more time with your pet doggy because if you don't then you will even forget your own name.:confused:

51266670.jpg

Since we are dispensing unsolicited advice: please leave the preachy TGP responses over on TGP.

So you join and your first post is to finger wag at people in this thread. Then you go to the most political and inflammatory posts in Off-Topic and post in those. As of the time I write this, you have just 1 post that is outside of off-topic and just 4 that are not in some way political in nature. You are off to a rather telling start. Hmmm, seems pretty obvious what brought you here and what your agenda is. 🤔

As for your meme/image use... swing and a miss. :lame:

People like you are exactly what I left TGP to get away from. Congrats, you are the first addition to my rig-talk ignore list!

Last edited:
Hey buddy...long time no see!!! I dig your Mike Lindell (My Pillow guy) avatar. I was wondering what happened to you over at SSo_Org...you get mentioned over there many times on occasion. You are now a legend and a martyr and your spirit shall linger amongst the vegan Millennial seven-stringers whom you have traumatized.:cry:✊
I got banned for voicing an unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinions thread...go figure.

I got banned for voicing an unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinions thread...go figure.

Well SSO is not the same without you. BTW another member took your place and started a thread about right-wing views...no Liberal splooge posting allowed. It did not take long for that thread to get locked.:LOL: He hung around awhile on another thread but he eventually faded out and joined Parler.:( But nobody can take your place...never ever ever!

tumblr_o8s2tbxoQV1rdn65io1_500.gifv

Since we are dispensing unsolicited advice: please leave the preachy TGP responses over on TGP.

So you join and your first post is to finger wag at people in this thread. Then you go to the most political and inflammatory posts in Off-Topic and post in those. As of the time I write this, you have just 1 post that is outside of off-topic and just 4 that are not in some way political in nature. You are off to a rather telling start. Hmmm, seems pretty obvious what brought you here and what your agenda is. 🤔

As for your meme/image use... swing and a miss. :lame:

People like you are exactly what I left TGP to get away from. Congrats, you are the first addition to my rig-talk ignore list!

Did I hurt you itty bitty feelings? Are you TRIGGERED? I guess I'll have to buy a new lottery ticket.:confused:

5002313ignore_5.jpg

Well SSO is not the same without you. BTW another member took your place and started a thread about right-wing views...no Liberal splooge posting allowed. It did not take long for that thread to get locked.:LOL: He hung around awhile on another thread but he eventually faded out and joined Parler.:( But nobody can take your place...never ever ever!

tumblr_o8s2tbxoQV1rdn65io1_500.gifv
Aw shucks!:giggle:

SUMMARY: Your membership to TGP is a privilege, not a right. If you don’t agree with the rules, you should find a discussion site that better meets your expectations. Although we value every member and want you to be here, if we feel that your membership hurts the experience for others, we may choose to suspend or ban you. We reserve the right to suspend or ban any member for any reason, not limited to the above rules.

Love the last line. What dickhead wrote that. Written like a communist asshole.

rule #10 , We don't delete user accounts. If you get booted or are unhappy with us, don’t ask us to remove your account or posts. You joined and posted on your own, and we will not spend time deleting things just because you're angry.

Im sure this was the same dickhead.

then on another page they say this,

Rights​

You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.

You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.

SUMMARY: Your membership to TGP is a privilege, not a right. If you don’t agree with the rules, you should find a discussion site that better meets your expectations. Although we value every member and want you to be here, if we feel that your membership hurts the experience for others, we may choose to suspend or ban you. We reserve the right to suspend or ban any member for any reason, not limited to the above rules.

Love the last line. What dickhead wrote that. Written like a communist asshole.

rule #10 , We don't delete user accounts. If you get booted or are unhappy with us, don’t ask us to remove your account or posts. You joined and posted on your own, and we will not spend time deleting things just because you're angry.

Im sure this was the same dickhead.

then on another page they say this,

Rights​

You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.

You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.

With all due respect, as I have no affiliation with TGP and rarely even go there, nothing you posted here surprises me. Most forum rules that I've seen are pretty similar. That and most all forums are privately held and can do whatever the hell they want. We may not like it and we may disagree but it is their right. Not ours.

In regard to the seemingly contradictory rule #10 about deleting user accounts, they are talking about when you request to be deleted. Not when they decide.

Lastly, personal data is not your public facing posts. Personal data refers to your email, location, and other info they collect about you. Just sayin'

Don't read that as me attacking you because I'm not. You are welcome here my friend. :) Love your blue striped guitar too BTW. Carry on :cheers:

With all due respect, as I have no affiliation with TGP and rarely even go there, nothing you posted here surprises me. Most forum rules that I've seen are pretty similar. That and most all forums are privately held and can do whatever the hell they want. We may not like it and we may disagree but it is their right. Not ours.

In regard to the seemingly contradictory rule #10 about deleting user accounts, they are talking about when you request to be deleted. Not when they decide.

Lastly, personal data is not your public facing posts. Personal data refers to your email, location, and other info they collect about you. Just sayin'

Don't read that as me attacking you because I'm not. You are welcome here my friend. :) Love your blue striped guitar too BTW. Carry on :cheers:
No problem. I emailed them a copy of the ”Rights” they had on there website. I said either give me access to my data or delete me from your website. I never got a reply, but I was deleted.

Not banned but I mostly only post in classified.

The mods there are out of control, arbitrary c*nts. They've chased a lot of people off and mostly TGP is now a forum of the deaf and uninformed parroting bullshit they saw posted by someone equally deaf and uninformed.
Ray , you the same Raybarbee with all the pickups?

Bwahahahahhaa just got banned for a week on TGP due to an interaction with some dipshit who's butthurt that Rick @ Wizard won't talk to him on the phone....

I have an account over there. Logged out in Novemeber and will not be going back. Got an “infraction“ for “political speech” because I stated that I had purchased a 120+ acre plot in northern Maine and was moving there because I liked the demographics and culture better. I stated I liked the libertarian/conservative leaning and nobe other than Scott Peterson decided to smack me down for political speech. So now you cannot even voice your own preferences without penalty… though I suspect that had I voiced a liberal preference all would have been fine. Fuck that guy.

Back