Who here has tinnitus?

Tone Monster

I've had the high pitched kind for years now. Really doesn't bother me too much. But recently I've developed the low pitch rumble/18 wheeler throttle kind. OMG its driving me fucking nuts. It wakes me up around 3 am every morning. It stops for the most part during the day but always returns. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Whats weird is sound makes it go away. Anybody else struggle with this? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Tone Monster":3pnnzov4 said:
Are you being lighthearted? I am making light of it but it does suck. I have a low type myself. I am now standing further away and playing a little lower.

Sucks dudes. I've ever had trouble until last week. Now I've downloaded a DB meter app for my phone and try to watch the levels. Certain amps and tones seem to set it off, so I'm having to avoid those now.

That sucks man, sorry to hear. I've had the high-pitched kind several decades now. Been fortunate to avoid the low-pitched one you're talking about. I don't notice it much during the day because I'm around some sort of white noise all day. It only bugs me while I'm trying to sleep because of the dead quiet. I usually run a fan or something to mask it a little which helps for the most part.

I have a Fucking STRONG, I mean STRONG C# going 24/7

Some nights it's so loud I wake up and pace around in a panic and take a klonazepam. Grinding your teeth can be a big contributor. Make sure you be dealing with any stress in the proper manner. Also, if you sleep on your stomach with your head cocked sideways, the bed can put pressure on your jaw, which can cause this as well. Everything is connected. Remember that.

Kevin11":2y5fz6on said:
That sucks man, sorry to hear. I've had the high-pitched kind several decades now. Been fortunate to avoid the low-pitched one you're talking about. I don't notice it much during the day because I'm around some sort of white noise all day. It only bugs me while I'm trying to sleep because of the dead quiet. I usually run a fan or something to mask it a little which helps for the most part.

Fan every single night @ bed.

A lifetime of loud music, much of that wearing very good but loud headphones, and 6 years of jet aircraft on the flight deck. Sometimes it's louder than others. Had to learn to read lips a very long time ago. My girlie says I need to get a hearing aid, but how would I justify ignoring her bitching if I did?

I sleep with the tv on to mask it. Dead silence surely magnifies it to the point of distraction. But it's been present so long it's just a way of life at this point. Doesn't bother me. I do dial in more treble than most people do. My tone is much closer to Gary Holts than others. Darker guitar tones seem to be more lost in the mix to me. But when I hear the consistant crash cymbals during blast beats the rhythm gets totally lost for me...treble overload perhaps.

Yup.....another victim here. Diagnosed back in 2004. Had ruptured an ear drum when in the military and while I had surgery on it....the tinnitus is there. 24/7....high pitch...drives me nuts some times.
Sleep with ear plugs seems to help a bit.

glip22":3tnn7k1u said:
Tone Monster":3tnn7k1u said:
Are you being lighthearted? I am making light of it but it does suck. I have a low type myself. I am now standing further away and playing a little lower.

Yeah man I'm just kidding around....

I figured lots of you had it too. This low freq is really shitty.

Jeesh, I didn't know there was bass tinnitus. I'm happy with my high pitch C#

Anybody else figured out what note it playing? :LOL: :LOL:

rottingcorpse":1sjb8tl8 said:
A lifetime of loud music, much of that wearing very good but loud headphones, and 6 years of jet aircraft on the flight deck. Sometimes it's louder than others. Had to learn to read lips a very long time ago. My girlie says I need to get a hearing aid, but how would I justify ignoring her bitching if I did?

I sleep with the tv on to mask it. Dead silence surely magnifies it to the point of distraction. But it's been present so long it's just a way of life at this point. Doesn't bother me. I do dial in more treble than most people do. My tone is much closer to Gary Holts than others. Darker guitar tones seem to be more lost in the mix to me. But when I hear the consistant crash cymbals during blast beats the rhythm gets totally lost for me...treble overload perhaps.

Gary Holt R3PR3S3NT

Tone Monster":n8ly0ywz said:
glip22":n8ly0ywz said:
Tone Monster":n8ly0ywz said:

I read what I initially typed and was like oh shit. I know you have a good sense of humor. What?? meaning you couldn't hear me but then I thought maybe you were pissed at my joking about it. Cool. :cheers: Yeah Bro. We play loud amps. Thats like asking a whore if she ever had warts or gonorrhea. :LOL: :LOL:

glip22":tmgfy8j1 said:
Tone Monster":tmgfy8j1 said:
glip22":tmgfy8j1 said:
Tone Monster":tmgfy8j1 said:

I read what I initially typed and was like oh shit. I know you have a good sense of humor. What?? meaning you couldn't hear me but then I thought maybe you were pissed at my joking about it. Cool. :cheers: Yeah Bro. We play loud amps. Thats like asking a whore if she ever had warts or gonorrhea. :LOL: :LOL:

:yes:

Mine's a low hum, almost like a cell phone on mute in the next room. But it's sporadic, and sounds like someone doing Morse Code. It kept me up a nights and almost made me go CRAZY!!!

My solution for sleeping is just get a small fan and the sound from the fan drowns out the Tinnitus. Others might have it worse than me though. I think William Shatner had it bad as well.

Mine has been really bad as of late and my hearing in general is deteriorating at an alarming rate it seems. I always knew when I was younger that i'd be effected by DB abuse. I blame most of it on my ex-drummer I played with for over 20 years. That fuck-nut would crack his snare when I wasn't looking and I just wanted to take a swing at that little bastard every time. Also his cymbals were way to close to my head when we rehearsed. The confined space just killed me. Oh well, I just sleep with a noise maker on all the time , like most of you are saying. The silence is deafening!

danyeo":j6qa5owp said:
Mine's a low hum, almost like a cell phone on mute in the next room. But it's sporadic, and sounds like someone doing Morse Code. It kept me up a nights and almost made me go CRAZY!!!

My solution for sleeping is just get a small fan and the sound from the fan drowns out the Tinnitus. Others might have it worse than me though. I think William Shatner had it bad as well.

Maybe it's like voices that the schizophrenics hear. You ought to translate that morse code.

I got it about 2 years ago. It's terrible! The last concert I went too I had my hearos in and I felt like that old dude at the club. Lol.

Back