Who here has tinnitus?

I have it in both ears now. It is not too bad to deal with if you don't focus on it all the time. I only hear it when it is really quiet and I don't let it bug me.

Another checking in.

It actually wasn't guitar that initially caused it. I "unloaded" a .44 mag with no protection and I was screwed after that. Electric guitar and being a heavy mechanic doesn't help one bit.

Same for me, high pitched tone that is most noticeable when laying in bed at night. Doesn't take much to make my ears ring anymore either. One hit with a hammer on a piece of metal (tiiiing) and I'm ringing.

I have the high pitched ring. It's not horrible but it's noticeable. The worst is my left, inner ear won't equalize pressure. It's driving me crazy and I've been to the doctor a few times about it with no luck. It feels full and dull most the time. It will pop randomly and sometimes when I'm driving. Particularly when I'm driving down in elevation

calvin sattler":8oo34yot said:
I have the high pitched ring. It's not horrible but it's noticeable. The worst is my left, inner ear won't equalize pressure. It's driving me crazy and I've been to the doctor a few times about it with no luck. It feels full and dull most the time. It will pop randomly and sometimes when I'm driving. Particularly when I'm driving down in elevation

I have a bit of tinnitus from my years of gigging, but what you described is similar to something I had recently after a cold. The doctor told me to inhale steam and use decongestants but it didn't work so when I went back she had a look in my ear, saw it was infected a bit and prescribed me a spray called something like "Otomize" to spray in it three times a day. It's definitely helped clear up that dull and clogged-up feeling and restored my hearing back to where it was (With a tiny bit of treble loss which is probably from gigging tbh), but I would highly recommend asking them to check for an infection as it made my tinnitus a lot more noticeable and added a whoosing sound which has since cleared up with the spray.

Hope this helps in any way!

billsbigego":3i191eb4 said:
I have a Fucking STRONG, I mean STRONG C# going 24/7

Some nights it's so loud I wake up and pace around in a panic and take a klonazepam. Grinding your teeth can be a big contributor. Make sure you be dealing with any stress in the proper manner. Also, if you sleep on your stomach with your head cocked sideways, the bed can put pressure on your jaw, which can cause this as well. Everything is connected. Remember that.

I have the SAME pitch...I blame it from always playing in C# and drop F# with the bands I was in over the last many years...
I sleep on my stomach with my head sideways...doctor said it was making it worse. Glad to see someone else found this reasoning. Unfortunately, if I sleep on my back, I snore...and the wife punches me until I wake up and roll onto my stomach. Apparently, she likes me not being able to hear...that way I just hand her the credit card instead of actually hearing what she is about to buy. :LOL: :LOL:

I've been going to concerts without hearing protection since 1976 and never had a problem til I stood next to a drummer while practicing in an unfinished basement. The crash of the cymbals made my ears ring and it never stopped. :thumbsdown:
I thought I would never have problems, ugh....

I've had the higher pitched white noise tinnitus since the early 90's.

Recently, something low pitched was driving me insane over the past few months.

It's usually when i'm tired, or sleeping.

Sounds like a large construction vehicle is out in my driveway idling...sometimes it grinds away even over the sound of the fan.

Guess that's the low pitch one?
:confused:

I have tinnitus too. I've done a bit of research and found that it is not always caused by loud noise. I know most of us here assume it's from loud gigs over the years and, given the crowd here, it probably is. However, it could be something else more serious ... so, you might want to check out this list:

1) Infection...anywhere in the body
2) Spinal injury
3) Herniated disk pressing on the spinal cord
4) High blood pressure
5) Brain tumor
6) Loud noises
7) Head injury - concussion

Check out this link to the Mayo Clinic on the subject:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tinnitus/basics/causes/CON-20021487

Whatever you do, don't click on that link, LOL. You'll have everything on the list.

I got my ears tested. I've been bashing my ears for years. Drums, concerts, chain saws, power equipment, skimobiles, sitting 2' in front of a 4x12 indian style. My ears tested fine.
Mine is from grinding my teeth. Of course Dental insurance doesn't cover a teeth guard, which is $500, so I'll continue to grind my teeth I guess and my ears will continue to ring. Fuck it. Become at one with the tone and keep busy and focus on other shit and you wont even notice it's there.

I put ear plugs in when I sleep and it helps for some reason. Otherwise I hear it whenever I am somewhere without background white noise. I have a very hard time hearing talk at bars or in restaurants as it all blends together.

MrHiwatt

Dopethrone":3jubq1pa said:

I've had the higher pitched white noise tinnitus since the early 90's.

Recently, something low pitched was driving me insane over the past few months.

It's usually when i'm tired, or sleeping.

Sounds like a large construction vehicle is out in my driveway idling...sometimes it grinds away even over the sound of the fan.

Guess that's the low pitch one?
:confused:

OMG Yes! Thats what I have. It's fucked up.

geetarmikey":yeauhmn5 said:
calvin sattler":yeauhmn5 said:

I have a bit of tinnitus from my years of gigging, but what you described is similar to something I had recently after a cold. The doctor told me to inhale steam and use decongestants but it didn't work so when I went back she had a look in my ear, saw it was infected a bit and prescribed me a spray called something like "Otomize" to spray in it three times a day. It's definitely helped clear up that dull and clogged-up feeling and restored my hearing back to where it was (With a tiny bit of treble loss which is probably from gigging tbh), but I would highly recommend asking them to check for an infection as it made my tinnitus a lot more noticeable and added a whoosing sound which has since cleared up with the spray.

Hope this helps in any way!

Thanks, I'll look into it! I would think the docs would have found something by now. I went as far as going to the ear nose and throat doctor and had a camera shuved up my nose to look at my inner ear. He said everything was fine. I wouldn't recommend anyone having this done.

Yep. Right ear. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Forever.

I remember the exact moment it happened. Listening to an overly loud mix on overly large monitors, the wife came in the room, I turned to look at her and CRUNCH> I heard something fold in my ear and that was that. Going ear on to the driver got me.

My fault.

thefyn":mc4ai1jp said:
Yep. Right ear. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Forever.

I remember the exact moment it happened. Listening to an overly loud mix on overly large monitors, the wife came in the room, I turned to look at her and CRUNCH> I heard something fold in my ear and that was that. Going ear on to the driver got me.

My fault.

You must have been blasting that extremely loud. I've never listened to anything on my 8" monitors louder than jamming with a drummer or concert level. I have done some damage blasting headphones in my ear though. I probably sit too far away from my monitors which might help with the pressure

I remember the day that I got it. We were practicing in a very small room sifting for a new drummer and this one guy was just so loud in that small room, I was never the same.
I never wanted to wear ear plugs because in some it removes me from the moment while playing. That day taught me to wear ear plugs after that.

I have had it a while. I have significant hearing loss in my left ear due to an infection when I was a young kid, but I have obviously made it worse with my loud music, guitar playing and concerts where I stand in front of the guitarist, when I can and recently for Lynch a few times, Jake E Lee, John Norum/Europe and others.

Bunch of dudes on a gear forum talking about how good this or that sounds or "sounds good but there is this weird thing in the blah blah" that can't actually hear shit. Hahahaha! Anybody seeing the irony here? I'm just joking around of course but it is kinda funny.

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":qms42wqp said:
Bunch of dudes on a gear forum talking about how good this or that sounds or "sounds good but there is this weird thing in the blah blah" that can't actually hear shit. Hahahaha! Anybody seeing the irony here? I'm just joking around of course but it is kinda funny.
Did you say something :LOL: :LOL:

The ring is strong today. Was a good night of teeth grinding. Went to bed super pissed off.

2 orders were to arrive today
1. Fedex - fucked up the delivery date
2. UPS - held in customs

Oh how I hate them.

Mines the high pitched kind.
Annoying as fuck, I believe caffeine can bring it on also... might be worth cutting it out (if you can/i cant)
:thumbsdown:

Back