who likes early Aerosmith??

growing up in Boston during the 70's I got to see these guys up close all the time.
I think every thing after "Rocks" is basically Aerosmith version 2. My band has opened for "Draw the Line" the only Aerosmith endorsed tribute band in the US a couple of times now (the other guitarist in my current band used to do the "Brad Whitford" part for a few years, and you can see how the crowd responds differently to the newer stuff vs the older stuff. "Toys" and Rocks" where the pinnacle for these guys early on

My first experience with Aerosmith was Permanent Vacation. It wasn't until after Pump came out that I found out they had older stuff, and picked up Get Your Wings and Toys In The Attic. I wore those 2 albums out. I think the last thing I bought from them was Just Push Play.

When I was in the military, I was on a TDY to some type of training and went to the store and bought the Aerosmith box set. Just amazing song after amazing song.

I know a lot of folks don't like what they are now but they almost were not a band after the drugs and band breakup. The fact all five original members still do shows is a feat in itself.

Huge aerosmith fan here. Although i like some post 70's aerosmith stuff here and there, the 70's stuff its just killer. Lots of fun to play too. Band i play in now plays a some aerosmith songs including last child, adam's apple, walk this way, sweet emotion.

Good stuff man. Sounds like your band is doing those songs justice. 70s Aerosmith is a lot of fun. Everyone talks about Rocks and Toys in the Attic, which are great records, but I've got to throw Night in the Ruts in there too, just because it has the coolest Aerosmith song ever recorded -- No Surprize.

1st 4 albums for me then they really changed. I grew up not far from Boston so they were big news. They played at junior high schools and high schools in my area early 70's. My wife's father opened for them around '73-74. Their sound was totally fucked with. They wanted to strangle Tyler. Early on stories surfaced that he would mess with other bands sounds to make themselves look better. IMO Whitford is the solid rock in that band. Great player, totally humble and perfectly fine staying in the background. Perry has wrote some iconic riffs in his time. Not the best player but wreaks the rock n roll look. Early Aerosmith will always get my vote. They're playing tomorrow night in Fenway. My band covers make it, somebody, mama kin and sick as a dog which go over well around these parts.

My first experience with Aerosmith was Permanent Vacation. It wasn't until after Pump came out that I found out they had older stuff, and picked up Get Your Wings and Toys In The Attic. I wore those 2 albums out. I think the last thing I bought from them was Just Push Play.
Permanent Vacation to me or the first modern production ever . It had the modern low end and space . Bob Rock engineered it with Fairburn production

Back