Who owns Victory amps?

Ive heard a few clips of a couple Victory amps that got my attention, I believe one of them was a forum member and it was either a post or an classified ad, regardless a damn fine player and made the amp sound pretty damn good. As far as Andertons, I guess Im just a boring listener, but that store and its vids, the Capt. Id rather listen to the Asians demo when I cant understand a single word they say, its just as meaningful lol! The youtube vid can be a decent tool to buy gear , as well as it can be to sell gear, and as we all know its not the same when you sit in front of it

Their video tones all sound generic and Lee is cringey as hell to watch and listen to. Always reminds me of the Steve Buscemi 'How do you do, fellow kids?' meme. About as interesting as listening to the raffle hawkers outside the supermarket and it's just a cast of salesmen trying to appear hip and relevant.

Let me know if I'm wrong but Martin Kidd is the chief designer for Victory , from Cornford which I've owned several of and not sure why I sold them . With that in mind -------Enough said

Reactions: rsm
I am a big fan of several companies that I consider friends ***or companies who I can send them a message and they know me by name*** (Deadweald, Headfirst, Monomyth, KSR) I often chime in to recommend them but if I received any compensation from them it would be quite shady for me not to disclose this. I can't imagine doing this and being a part owner. I guess he has his reasons but I feel like he should be a bit more transparent.

There is a lot of fuckery going on with YouTube influencers and the gear business in general. It has went completely unchecked for far too long so it is nice to see KDH actually take the time to research these questions vs. internet rumors. He got a lot of hate for his vids from fans of guys like Fricker, Chapman, and Stevie T. To Glenn's credit he took the criticism in stride and learned from it.
Much shady stuff happens with those dumb influencers. They will say or do whatever you want for cash or gear. I have seen guys saying the most tremendous pieces of shit I’ve ever laid eyes on are amazing and ground breaking pieces of gear. Wankers.

Much shady stuff happens with those dumb influencers. They will say or do whatever you want for cash or gear. I have seen guys saying the most tremendous pieces of shit I’ve ever laid eyes on are amazing and ground breaking pieces of gear. Wankers.
I can't believe about that Billy Blades/Mark Cameron collab video that Reza posted

which Victory did you order?

:LOL:

all good if you like Victory amps or not; or if you think they sound good or don't; if you own or buy a Victory or not...

I like to know the business connections; Lee was transparent on most all of his other business ownership interests, but not Victory, just curious IMO.

nothing ordered, but i did go and look into Victory amps which i havent done before and probably wouldnt have done if this video wasnt made and now being discussed on im sure every guitar forum, i gotta think theres many others in the same boat. id bet this video is gonna sell them more amps than its gonna cause people to turn away.

clearly, you don't care, or watch/read before commenting either.

no one said anything about buying something based purely on a you tube video but don't let facts or actual posts and words get in your way. :thumbsup:
never said anyone said it, just making a factual observation that clearly hurt you some how ... you'll be ok, just breath (or don't I don't care)

• Haha
clearly, you don't care, or watch/read before commenting either.

no one said anything about buying something based purely on a you tube video but don't let facts or actual posts and words get in your way. :thumbsup:
oh and um you kinda said it before I did .....

because they may have a large YT influence on gear purchases who also sells gear. knowing they're also an owner of the gear manufacturer they're demonstrating and selling is interesting to some of us.

if you don't care about the business relationships and incentives that can include financial bias in demos, don't worry about it.

for me, I like to follow the money and see who funds and who benefits from the revenue.

:dunno:

oh and um you kinda said it before I did .....

because they may have a large YT influence on gear purchases who also sells gear. knowing they're also an owner of the gear manufacturer they're demonstrating and selling is interesting to some of us.

if you don't care about the business relationships and incentives that can include financial bias in demos, don't worry about it.

for me, I like to follow the money and see who funds and who benefits from the revenue.

:dunno:
that's a reach, but don't stop believing. try reading what someone actually wrote vs imagining something else; reading with comprehension helps. so does actually quoting the statement you're commenting on, like I did above.

For example, let's take the quoted statement above, which may or may not be the full original text of the statement. where does it say anything about making a gear purchase decision based solely on YT videos?

here's a book to help get you started

s-l500.jpg

Personally I'm glad someone is actually checking this stuff out. This is basic journalism it's not like he is doing these and not letting the subject know. He actually reaches out to them for comment. Lee could have effectively killed the entire video by coming out and saying his involvement. I've seen some people saying that he really doesn't have to disclose something like this which is false. If you are doing a sponsored video you have to disclose it.

I mean Lee may have had his reasons but seriously you could do amp shootouts and make an amp sound better with your mic placement, settings etc. Do I think they did this? No, but why go to all these great lengths to avoid saying it. Many people may have bought them knowing Lee was behind it.. who knows.

I think KDH approaches this in a fair way and actually does the research and has been pretty open about when he has made a mistake and he even took down vids when the complaints were addressed. I just keep thinking of those times where all these guys were pushing Panama amps and people were buying them based on gear reviews. Panama ended up delivering poor quality amps late, damaged etc.

I agree you should try out amps but some amps you just don't have the ability to and new brands thrive on YouTube promotions. I prefer a new channel that actually checks some of the B.S. from the industry as opposed to another gear demo channel. All channels have went with little accountability for quite a long time and there should be some sort of check and balances.

Sure Andertons are trying to sell every piece of gear they have on their channel but there will definitely be some bias if you are one of 9 owners of a company of the amp you are demoing. To make it seem like you are just a fan of the Victory stuff without any additional motivation when that isn't the truth is wrong. I am a fan of one software we use at work and I actually bought stock in the company cause I believe in it. I will even mention this in meetings where I'm demoing it for other departments. It's a hell of an endorsement so what would be the motivation not go disclose it?

As far as regular guys channels I would much rather see a vid of them showing off an amp that they paid for vs an amp that someone is paying them to show. Years ago some channels would be showing how great an amp is then when the checks stop coming in they will admit they suck(Panama again).

I had a Super Kraken. Awesome amp. The thing I loved about it was that it was so fun to play. The under-the-finger feel was GREAT. The lead channel made solos absolutely effortless and the crunch channel reminded me a lot of the SLO-100's crunch channel. Definitely an amp that punches way above its weight class, and they're not super expensive to boot.

That said, I agree with @ClintN667 that there is a LOT of fuckery with high-profile YouTube influencers. Quite simply, these influencers are holding all the keys to all the doors for the gear brands. The day after an influencer video, sales spike, and brands know it. So they are willing to pay or give away gear in order to get on people's channels. The influencers rarely make critical reviews in these situations because they want more money or gear from these brands again in the future. And the bigger or more notorious the brand, the more BS it is. It's just how the business model works.

Semi-related: Guitar players are loyal to the brands they like in a rabid, hysterical, over-the-top way. Brands are so ingrained in us and we are so loyal to them that we even use brands in our descriptions of ourselves (e.g., "I'm a Marshall guy" or "I'm a Boogie guy"). Brands and influencers know this and is a primary reason why they don't make critical reviews. If they make a video saying that the new Marshall amp isn't good, they'll lose any future demos for Marshall and they'll get attacked by all the Marshall fanboys and fangirls, and likely lose subscribers. I can tell you from personal experience: when you make a gear demo video that goes against the internet gear zeitgeist, you get viciously attacked by brand loyalists.
Sooooo its about sound and what u get on tape how far away from the amp speakers iso cab mic fingers #fat vs slender man .
geez every one want you to buy their stuff .Crate stealth great amp cheap .Pedals.I get a great sound outa my RK 100 thru a 6 -12 Orange vintage cab with those 70's square Back Jensens.But I still wanna Jam a Friedman N.Go figure also venue,room size sandman/soundman,Jack or Johnny Walker .Soooooo many options so little time.

Sooooo its about sound and what u get on tape how far away from the amp speakers iso cab mic fingers #fat vs slender man .
geez every one want you to buy their stuff .Crate stealth great amp cheap .Pedals.I get a great sound outa my RK 100 thru a 6 -12 Orange vintage cab with those 70's square Back Jensens.But I still wanna Jam a Friedman N.Go figure also venue,room size sandman/soundman,Jack or Johnny Walker .Soooooo many options so little time.
which Victory model did you buy? :D

Back