Who the hell is Grace Bowels...or Bowers???

I actually know a way to get free gear that doesn’t even require any skill.

Get in GC, grab a fistful of picks from and there you got it, free gear 😂

On a side note I will accept endorsments on guitar lessons from now on. Hit me up with your offers 😂
Might wanna try Sam Ash as they're closing their stores so they probably wouldn't mind.

20240503_133058.jpg

Nope, a Winspear sample pack came with guitar. Haven’t opened it yet.
Been using the one on the right for over a year now—no hand cramps after playing a long time which is great. They take a little getting used to tho.

Getting hooked on $12 picks that have limited availability is a bit scary however

IMG_7124.jpeg

I been contemplating a set of these silver Landis finger/thumbpicks

https://www.landisstudios.net/finger-picks
I pretty much don't need anything for my rig now that both my amps are back up to top operating condition and I did all the pickup swaps I wanted so I been looking at small stuff like that. What do you think?
Well, if you ask me, I say fuck metal picks haha

Too noisy and I don’t like the feel of metal scratching metal. But there are guys who like metal picks, so depends on your preferences and expectations.

Been using the one on the right for over a year now—no hand cramps after playing a long time which is great. They take a little getting used to tho.

Getting hooked on $12 picks that have limited availability is a bit scary however

View attachment 308670
I wonder, which ones are in my package. Probably won’t be using them on a regular basis, as I like bouncy and snappy feel 0.88-1 mm Tortex.

But for solo runs these definitely give more control and smoothness.

Well, if you ask me, I say fuck metal picks haha

Too noisy and I don’t like the feel of metal scratching metal. But there are guys who like metal picks, so depends on your preferences and expectations.
I been using a metal fingerpick on my index on electric for 10 years and some acoustic playing for another ten. I completely sucked for two decades with a flat pick. I just don't have an accurate flatpicking technique. I can play good rhythm but always lacking concise picking with a flat.

Thumb/finger picks opened up a whole new world for me. I been using National np-2's nickel silver picks on my index and a Golden Gate GP-10 on my thumb. I need to buy some more finger picks and am thinking about trying a metal thumbpick to go along with it so I was looking at those. I don't actually get any metal on metal noise from the Nationals. They are a smooth dished surface with good clarity and bite to them.

I been using a metal fingerpick on my index on electric for 10 years and some acoustic playing for another ten. I completely sucked for two decades with a flat pick. I just don't have an accurate flatpicking technique. I can play good rhythm but always lacking concise picking with a flat.

Thumb/finger picks opened up a whole new world for me. I been using National np-2's nickel silver picks on my index and a Golden Gate GP-10 on my thumb. I need to buy some more finger picks and am thinking about trying a metal thumbpick to go along with it so I was looking at those. I don't actually get any metal on metal noise from the Nationals. They are a smooth dished surface with good clarity and bite to them.
I tried some flat metal picks and still have them, but I am not using those anytime again 😂

Not so long ago someone mentioned some fancy thumbpicks here too. Wish I remembered which ones in particular to let you know about them.

Might wanna check out the pick topic with latest replies, there were lots of contributions there.

Back