Who wants to listen to a Wizard and shit on my tone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

Just got this amp (Wizard W800) from @Smashedguitaris⸸ and am learning my way around it

Honestly it’s so outta my usual compressed gainy amp playground, I’m struggling with it (I know I know first world problems)

Spent some hours this evening messing with IRs and landed on a Mesa and a George Lynch cab (dual tracked)

Ibanez j custom tuned half step down into the high input of the W800 into a Torpedo Captor X…let the shenanigans commence

It sounds like what would happen if a wizard and a dragon had a baby.

Lololol there’s a new idea for Rick…introducing the latest amp from the esteemed wizard line: The Dragonfucker

Just got this amp (Wizard W800) from @Smashedguitaris⸸ and am learning my way around it

Honestly it’s so outta my usual compressed gainy amp playground, I’m struggling with it (I know I know first world problems)

Spent some hours this evening messing with IRs and landed on a Mesa and a George Lynch cab (dual tracked)

Ibanez j custom tuned half step down into the high input of the W800 into a Torpedo Captor X…let the shenanigans commence

Sounds awesome....angry and present like a w800 should! Also, coming from Fryette/VHT, I am at home with the Wizard feel (best feeling amps IMO), but keep rocking it brother; you will get used to it quick and come to love how touch sensitive it is!

Sounds awesome....angry and present like a w800 should! Also, coming from Fryette/VHT, I am at home with the Wizard feel (best feeling amps IMO), but keep rocking it brother; you will get used to it quick and come to love how touch sensitive it is!

I’ve never played a Fryette/VHT, are they also uncompressed and raw? Any clips you’d point me to by chance?

The amps begging for a boost to unleash all that is hell!

Sounds great 👍

Any pedal recommendations? I tried the buxom boost but it almost sounded like it was sucking tone away

I’ve never played a Fryette/VHT, are they also uncompressed and raw? Any clips you’d point me to by chance?
I still have my trusty old Ultra-lead.
I would say they are similar to the Wizards I have played (MCii, w800 which I own) in their tightness and immediacy for sure and also compression levels. There are similarities, but for me, the Wizards are the better amp: while relatively simple, they are voiced so well and the controls make them super versatile; there are multiple "sweet spots" on a Wizard I find. Anyway, if you get a chance, check out a Fryette. They used to be one of the best boutique high gain bargains out there....

Attachments

• IMG_20201215_162916_639.jpg
    IMG_20201215_162916_639.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
nothing to shit on really, it sounds like a wizard to me.. kind of open and on the drier side with a kind of rolled off top end, it does probably need a boost to give a little more of the more. im not gonna shit on anyone for posting clips, this place is far behind when it comes to that and i respect anyone posting

Back