Who's got the quad cortex?

I have no doubts that NDSP will get there eventually, I just find it comical that after all that hype from the company itself, this thing got released at around 75% of what it claims to be.
It‘s a lot of dough to only be at 75%. This might be a ‘wait and see’ pickup on the used market if it gets sorted out.

It‘s a lot of dough to only be at 75%. This might be a ‘wait and see’ pickup on the used market if it gets sorted out.

Yeah, there's been a few things over the last couple months that made me want to hold off. For starters, I'm just a doubting Thomas and when I saw the advertising I was immediately skeptical, but what completely sealed the deal was not delivering features on release that were advertised up front/basic no-brainers; the ability to run NDSP plugins, a desktop editor and basic shit like auto-engage for expression pedals. Like I said on another forum, "the most powerful floor based modeling unit in the world" doesn't exactly say "It's pretty good, but still needs some work". I'd expect that to come out of the gate swinging.

my friend in Germany was on tier one and he was kinda meh on it at first. Now he seems to love it. He said the Dual rec, 6505 and 2203 models were dead on to his amps. At this point there isnt much room on sound to improve its all about the feel now. I have one on order supposed to ship this month but Im thinking of cancelling it. Im not sure why I even want it as I have a Mark IV, a hot rodded marshall type amp, a KSR Ceres+PA rig, and I will have a Kartakou Colossus for 5150 tones by the end of the month. I dont use many effects at all and no matter what I play on I dial it in the same way. I really wish though it could get the feel there and I could downsize to a modeler but until they get the "amp in the room" feel, I dont think I can.

The only way that's going to happen is with a power amp and a cabinet. I don't care what any company says, no FRFR rig is going to feel like playing a guitar amp.

Yeah, there's been a few things over the last couple months that made me want to hold off. For starters, I'm just a doubting Thomas and when I saw the advertising I was immediately skeptical, but what completely sealed the deal was not delivering features on release that were advertised up front/basic no-brainers; the ability to run NDSP plugins, a desktop editor and basic shit like auto-engage for expression pedals. Like I said on another forum, "the most powerful floor based modeling unit in the world" doesn't exactly say "It's pretty good, but still needs some work". I'd expect that to come out of the gate swinging.

The only way that's going to happen is with a power amp and a cabinet. I don't care what any company says, no FRFR rig is going to feel like playing a guitar amp.
agreed. I was hoping to try this with the PA50. The PA50 can do wonders with the Top, bottom, and NFB controls. But a tube power section is going to be needed for Amp in the room.

I have no doubts that NDSP will get there eventually, I just find it comical that after all that hype from the company itself, this thing got released at around 75% of what it claims to be.

Well, it has a headphone jack. Ya gotta give it that! :ROFLMAO:

And agreed, NDSP will get things squared. Has to be some slack given for the year that just was 2020.

Hey, has Fractal ever found the FM3 loaded plane and boat that pulled a Bermuda Triangle back in 2019?

Well, it has a headphone jack. Ya gotta give it that! :ROFLMAO:

And agreed, NDSP will get things squared. Has to be some slack given for the year that just was 2020.

Hey, has Fractal ever found the FM3 loaded plane and boat that pulled a Bermuda Triangle back in 2019?

I dunno, thankfully they didn't claim it was going to change the world when it did arrive. :p

I dunno, thankfully they didn't claim it was going to change the world when it did arrive. :p

True dat. If may just get there yet though. Considering these guys are fully vested in Line 6,
Kemper, and the rest of the retail modeling brands, (and they stock a heck of a lot of items
from them), he's kinda going on pretty good about a unit that's on heavy back-order now.

Video starts at the end.

I reinstated my pre-order with Sweetwater today. I like what I've seen so far, and I'm sure it will (like Fractal stuff) continue to get better and better. I love Fractal, Kemper, Line 6, Headrush - so why wouldn't I end up loving this too? I'm really enjoying plug-ins a lot these days too - Helix Native, Amplitube, Bias FX2, and Neural DSP. The only modelers I didn't really gel with were Line 6 POD HD series, the Vox ones, and I really haven't bothered much with Boss or Digitech. The NDSP plug-ins are TOP NOTCH as well, and the release of the SLO plug-in following up the awesome GOJIRA plug in pretty much sealed things for me.

Chris....I know you like stuff like this. You;ve rocked the Eleven Rack for years, so I'm sure this is way better than that. Last type gear I had like this was the V-Amp Pro back in like 2005 sold it.

Can’t say how it compares to a Kemper or AxeIII, but I totally dig it. It’s easy to set up however I want and sounds great. I use it along with a Suhr Reactive Load and love how easy it is to capture my amps and utilize the onboard IR’s. It’s super easy to dial in quickly and IMHO it sounds better than the HX Stomp I had. Much more in line with what I expect a cab with a mic on it to sound and react.

Literally every YouTube shill.

I don't understand the negativity about this. It's 2021 and the internet is as good a place to find work/income as anywhere else.
How is someone reviewing a product for free public access (regardless of whether there's some bias - the concepts of advertising, salesmanship, product and personal promotion, etc., weren't invented by guitarists on YT).

As long as I get a nice overview of what the product does, and a sense of how easy the UI is by watching someone use it in real time, I'm happy.

I could give a rat's ass if Pete Thorn or Michael Nielson is being paid really well for the reviews they do. They should be because they're really freaking good at it imo.

I don't understand the negativity about this. It's 2021 and the internet is as good a place to find work/income as anywhere else.
How is someone reviewing a product for free public access (regardless of whether there's some bias - the concepts of advertising, salesmanship, product and personal promotion, etc., weren't invented by guitarists on YT).

As long as I get a nice overview of what the product does, and a sense of how easy the UI is by watching someone use it in real time, I'm happy.

I could give a rat's ass if Pete Thorn or Michael Nielson is being paid really well for the reviews they do. They should be because they're really freaking good at it imo.

That isn't the problem.

The problem is all 37,000 videos coming out all at once, parroting the same talking points 🤷‍♂️

Mistook your post. Absolutely right on this part.
No problem, I wasn't very clear in an effort to be sarcastic.

TBH I'm only really interested in modelers as multi-fx processors, but with the quad cortex's processing power, you could probably do some cool shit with it that way.

I would love a rack mount version

The reviews coming in from the real world are pretty much spot on with what I expected. I have to chuckle to a degree because they definitely spent more money on marketing the damn thing than they did getting it ready to ship. I just find something ironic about boasting about being “the most powerful floor based modeler” while it’s shipping with basic effects that can be surpassed with a Helix or any run of the mill modeler.

I’d really like to hear more of the models rather than the captures. I’ve been following the thread on TGP and after weeks of people saying “I want to hear the models, these YouTubers keep doing captures”, you’d think they’d start posting the models once they got it, but it’s just more captures. I’ve heard one clip of a model and it was in a vid of someone comparing it to the Gojira plug-in. Plug-in sounded great but the model sounded like the Dual Rec that came in the original Line 6 Guitar Port software.

I haven't really been paying all that much attention because I'm definitely not in the market for one, but I was under the impression that it only had "captures" rather than models. Am I totally wrong?

I haven't really been paying all that much attention because I'm definitely not in the market for one, but I was under the impression that it only had "captures" rather than models. Am I totally wrong?

It does both.

Back