Why aren't you people using the LYNCH MOD??

I have some custom pieces that have less bottom end… which makes the amp tighter and less bloated. The little switch in the up position is like the Lynch version in the down position. Move my switch down and it’s less bass.
1629000844025.jpeg

Because my 800 is modded by Brent Gutierrez and has plenty of gain and fits me perfectly. And my Kerry King is perfect the way it is.

Hey...you asked.

Because I have an SD-1.
+1

Mines modded but doesn’t need anything more with an SD-1. Level on full, tone barely cracked around 9:00, drive at half. I like having a non boosted tone that’s a poor mans crunch. The module wouldn’t allow for any of that.

Because I have a NMV 72 Supertrem, in which that device does not work well in. They are designed for MV Marshalls. I did try the V2 with a 2203 I had a year ago; sounded good but I still preferred my pedals in front to it.

George the consumate pitch-man less than a minute into a 14 minute gear video he's trying to sell you something.
Paid endorsements how does that work ?
WTF is up wit dat noisey floyd bar ???
Drop a small piece of foam earplug in da hole & fuget-a-bout-it.

I see these as a studio or home use type product. For the practicality of gigging, I would in no way expect that thing to stay put or not end up reaming those sockets loose from the added weight and abrupt trauma of loading and unloading of gig gear nor do I see it practical to remove and install for each gig. I also don’t trust the dumb ass factor when the ground clip comes loose and someone goes to re clip it to the chassis while the amp is on inserting themselves in path to ground.

George the consumate pitch-man less than a minute into a 14 minute gear video he's trying to sell you something.
Paid endorsements how does that work ?
WTF is up wit dat noisey floyd bar ???
Drop a small piece of foam earplug in da hole & fuget-a-bout-it.

I just watched that last night, that's how I got on this topic.. LOL
Nice collection, but telling that he really only used the SLO, or the Plexi..

I just got the standard latest version {not Lynch} for a 71 Super Bass. This one has a bass cut or boost and high gain or lower gain. You can put 10 different pedals in front of the amp and the reaction with this is very different, plus this adds almost no extra noise. I use it with an attenuator and it really sounds great. Really tightens up the amp and adds just enough hair to have enough gain to be usable for rock tones. Throw a pedal in front and now you have enough gain for metal.

I was pretty skeptical about this, but its surprisingly good and no mods to the amp, which is the whole reason I bought it.
With the side set screw it does not move around, is tight in the socket and the clip, once clipped, is nice and tight. I would probably check it before a gig, but I doubt it would come off without some force, or a shitty grab to begin with. I Have already moved the amp around and brought it to a few different places with no issues. For this particular amp, and for $199, I am pretty happy with it.

I have some custom pieces that have less bottom end… which makes the amp tighter and less bloated. The little switch in the up position is like the Lynch version in the down position. Move my switch down and it’s less bass.
View attachment 85951

Is he planning on making your custom mod available? For me the limiting factor is too much bass in the stock models. Nothing will do the job like an SD-1 or good DOD 250/grey or TS something or other.

Back