Why do I feel like this was a dig at Rig-Talk?

MadAsAHatter

So you all know I like to have a little fun with the goobers over at TGP from time to time. My last one about blackface amps being racist that didn't even make it 10 minutes before it was removed and I got a week ban. Now that my ban was lifted I replied back to the admin's generic you broke the rules message playing the innocent. "I was just wanting to discuss a topic why did I get banned?" With Rig-Talk being one of the last gear related havens where you can feel free to speak your mind, the reply I received really felt like a snarky shot at us here.

My response asking about the ban...

Hello Scott,
I do not understand why I received infraction points and a 7 day ban for this post. Reading the rules again I do not see which one it violates as there is nothing that mentions or alludes to "provocative content". Also I do not feel I was provoking anyone; directly or indirectly. I was not antagonizing or attacking any member and I do not think this falls under political content. I was merely posting a topic I wished to discuss with fellow forum member.

Unfortunately, what appears to be a generic warning message offers little to no insight on which rule was broken or why I received the infraction warning. Please don't misunderstand me. I am not being argumentative asking about this warning as I understand the staff has rules to uphold. I do; however, wish to understand why I received this so that I can avoid future infractions that may not be fully outlined in the rules.

Thank you much for taking the time to explain this to me so that I may understand and remain in compliance with the rules.

And their reply. Pay attention to the part I bolded

I can appreciate your perspective but we feel differently.

Topics such as race / religion / politics / war / famine / pestilence all do harm to the forum by stirring up inappropriate responses which detract from everyone's enjoyment, and are best saved for another forum, one with a higher tolerance of discord and strife.

I doubt anyone here really cares wat TGP thinks of RT, I know I don't. I just find their hypocrisy amusing. They want to preach tolerance and acceptance and act like they're all inclusive. But they're one of the most closed minded intolerant forums out there. Don't think exactly like they do, well you're banned. When was the last time anyone here was banned for something short of making death threats? What they call discord and strife I call open discussion and freedom of speech.

Wach you talkin bout?

Attachments

• ResizedP_ecc3cdb9-f8e6-41ec-a513-763efaf8f6ae_22861024430823.gif
    ResizedP_ecc3cdb9-f8e6-41ec-a513-763efaf8f6ae_22861024430823.gif
    802.7 KB · Views: 59
Meh. Why bother?
I got drug over here by a couple of bros after the Dean forum died.
They specifically told me my sense of humor wouldn't be allowed on TGP.
This place stupidly allows me to continue to post my drivel.
Met lots of like minded idiots here. Been here long enough to watch a bunch of them pass on to the existential void.
Enjoy what ya got till its gone,fellas. Nothing last forever.
When I go just know that as far as I'm concerned, y'all can suck my dick.
That's why I post on rigtalk.

This reminds me of the difference in my gun group k98k vs Gunboards. Same shit. Maybe same people. The ironic thing is the “circa 1939 german group” allows almost anything except lying and the democratic GB is all touchy feely. Fuck it.. I guess I’m part of the 4th Reich.

Are you trying race bait TGP using troll posts then playing contrarian when they explain why you got banned?

If we want to appear like the more mature community, it's best not to act like a petulant child. They are a private forum, they owe you nothing.

Keep it classy, don't try score cheap silly points

Last edited:
I don't think TGP is on a lower level to stoop to. OP by their own admission went over and made a topic to try and provoke conflict about one of the most sensitive topics in modern discourse and they just said "no thanks, we're not interested in that here" which is 1000% reasonable because its a guitar gear forum.

So you all know I like to have a little fun with the goobers over at TGP from time to time. My last one about blackface amps being racist that didn't even make it 10 minutes before it was removed and I got a week ban. Now that my ban was lifted I replied back to the admin's generic you broke the rules message playing the innocent. "I was just wanting to discuss a topic why did I get banned?" With Rig-Talk being one of the last gear related havens where you can feel free to speak your mind, the reply I received really felt like a snarky shot at us here.

My response asking about the ban...

Hello Scott,
I do not understand why I received infraction points and a 7 day ban for this post. Reading the rules again I do not see which one it violates as there is nothing that mentions or alludes to "provocative content". Also I do not feel I was provoking anyone; directly or indirectly. I was not antagonizing or attacking any member and I do not think this falls under political content. I was merely posting a topic I wished to discuss with fellow forum member.

Unfortunately, what appears to be a generic warning message offers little to no insight on which rule was broken or why I received the infraction warning. Please don't misunderstand me. I am not being argumentative asking about this warning as I understand the staff has rules to uphold. I do; however, wish to understand why I received this so that I can avoid future infractions that may not be fully outlined in the rules.

Thank you much for taking the time to explain this to me so that I may understand and remain in compliance with the rules.

And their reply. Pay attention to the part I bolded

I can appreciate your perspective but we feel differently.

Topics such as race / religion / politics / war / famine / pestilence all do harm to the forum by stirring up inappropriate responses which detract from everyone's enjoyment, and are best saved for another forum, one with a higher tolerance of discord and strife.

I doubt anyone here really cares wat TGP thinks of RT, I know I don't. I just find their hypocrisy amusing. They want to preach tolerance and acceptance and act like they're all inclusive. But they're one of the most closed minded intolerant forums out there. Don't think exactly like they do, well you're banned. When was the last time anyone here was banned for something short of making death threats? What they call discord and strife I call open discussion and freedom of speech.
As much as I agree I'm really not sure what the point is. You baited TGP, got caught and got banned. Did you expect anything less? You can't do that and then ask Scott why? I don't even know the guy or anything about TGP but I know enough from reading stories here that this is par for the course. So if Scott reads this thread here, you've lost all credibility with him moving forward - which actually hurts your future trolling. See the irony?

I don't think TGP is on a lower level to stoop to. OP by their own admission went over and made a topic to try and provoke conflict about one of the most sensitive topics in modern discourse and they just said "no thanks, we're not interested in that here" which is 1000% reasonable because its a guitar gear forum.
Exactly, couldn’t have said it any better than that.

You're right, I've edited accordingly.

There is deffo an assumed political "status quo" here based around the geography and age of many of the members. Since I don't share the same cultural or geographical experiences, I have to keep my mouth shut on here as any deviation from the status quo makes you an enemy/liberal/cuck etc.

Have a think about that before preaching tolerance.

I know a lot of people don't like how we handle things on here...I get that. Right or wrong you guys moderate yourselves...always have. This is a place where you can speak your mind on gear...and other things, in other sections. Just be prepared for repercussions if someone disagrees. I just wish it would stay more respectful at times. I think we have an awesome group here. I have met nothing but awesome people and made some lifelong friends. And when Marty passes into the never never...I'm going to get dat butt mummified....just sayin.....

edit-FUCK TGP....

Considering how hard we (myself included) rip on TGP on occasion, that "dig" was incredibly mild. That burn doesn't even warrant a children's bandaid. Then again, maybe it does from all the sensitive, thin skin I'm seeing here.

I don't know if that was specifically targeted at RT, but also I wouldn't care enough to read into it, lol. TGP sucks. I still browse around there but it's not a fun place. RT is the best spot. I've been shooting the shit with you dudes for years. There have been many disagreements on politics or whatever, sometimes heated, but I've never had to worry about a childish ban from the board. We can freely get into arguments, share tasteless humor, talk mindless shit, but get to be real human beings. I respect every last regular around here for being a real person, even if we disagree on some things, because at the end of the day we all stay more or less friendly and get over it. Even the occasional changing of the guard hasn't really negatively impact Rig-Talk because it's always regulars stepping up to the plate to do the moderating, sitting back and letting us do our thing, taking out of the spammers and scammers rather than policing conversation.

Can you imagine having to moderate that place? With all the Karens and hall monitors. I'd probably wield a big ban hammer too.

Back