Why do I feel like this was a dig at Rig-Talk?

i think a great way to hear the difference between the two amps is AC/DC 75-76 is 1959 . Then hear what happens in 77 and 78 on Let thereBe Rock and Powerage. Holy shit the tones just got even better for me . This helps nothing in the thread lol I just wanted to say that once lol
Seems to be fewer threads about gear on this forum of late so this post has my vote for best of the thread. Seriously, thank you.

So you all know I like to have a little fun with the goobers over at TGP from time to time. My last one about blackface amps being racist that didn't even make it 10 minutes before it was removed and I got a week ban. Now that my ban was lifted I replied back to the admin's generic you broke the rules message playing the innocent. "I was just wanting to discuss a topic why did I get banned?" With Rig-Talk being one of the last gear related havens where you can feel free to speak your mind, the reply I received really felt like a snarky shot at us here.

My response asking about the ban...

Hello Scott,
I do not understand why I received infraction points and a 7 day ban for this post. Reading the rules again I do not see which one it violates as there is nothing that mentions or alludes to "provocative content". Also I do not feel I was provoking anyone; directly or indirectly. I was not antagonizing or attacking any member and I do not think this falls under political content. I was merely posting a topic I wished to discuss with fellow forum member.

Unfortunately, what appears to be a generic warning message offers little to no insight on which rule was broken or why I received the infraction warning. Please don't misunderstand me. I am not being argumentative asking about this warning as I understand the staff has rules to uphold. I do; however, wish to understand why I received this so that I can avoid future infractions that may not be fully outlined in the rules.

Thank you much for taking the time to explain this to me so that I may understand and remain in compliance with the rules.

And their reply. Pay attention to the part I bolded

I can appreciate your perspective but we feel differently.

Topics such as race / religion / politics / war / famine / pestilence all do harm to the forum by stirring up inappropriate responses which detract from everyone's enjoyment, and are best saved for another forum, one with a higher tolerance of discord and strife.

I doubt anyone here really cares wat TGP thinks of RT, I know I don't. I just find their hypocrisy amusing. They want to preach tolerance and acceptance and act like they're all inclusive. But they're one of the most closed minded intolerant forums out there. Don't think exactly like they do, well you're banned. When was the last time anyone here was banned for something short of making death threats? What they call discord and strife I call open discussion and freedom of speech.
Was it Peterson or Auld?

To answer the questions of "What's the point?"
  • I was bored and trying to amuse myself. I think most of the regulars here have a feel for my sense of humor and know I don't take shit very seriously.

• :LOL:

Now I know who you are. You are the "Dust on speaker cones guy". That was good shit. I actually joined TGP to troll in that thread. All because of you. LOL. You're good in my book brother. Context man, context. I just think that maybe your OP and this subsequent post I quoted now was just a tad too much/over the top/mental masturbations' for the average dude here. Most of us have very short attention spans - I know I do.

Keep it real bro and see you around :cheers:

• :LOL:

Now I know who you are. You are the "Dust on speaker cones guy". That was good shit. I actually joined TGP to troll in that thread. All because of you. LOL. You're good in my book brother. Context man, context. I just think that maybe your OP and this subsequent post I quoted now was just a tad too much/over the top/mental masturbations' for the average dude here. Most of us have very short attention spans - I know I do.

Keep it real bro and see you around :cheers:
Yup, that one was me. It was a spoof of the somehow serious 50 page long discussion over there about how straps or amp handles affected tone.

This one started as a spoof of several 50+ page TGP threads about sensitivity, safe spaces and such. I continued it with this follow up messing around with their selective banning of topics. I guess people already forgot about the original post I did a week ago or didn't fully get the joke. No matter, I got a little amusement out of it and hopefully a few others did too.

I am just glad the original post about "BF" amps being offensive as a troll post. I did see that over at TGP and thought it was serious. To me it was PC gone way overboard and I can totally see someone actually having that opinion, hence me thinking it was real.

As to the TGP ban, you were trolling and they banned you, no surprise there.

I like RT and I like TGP, both valuable forums, just with a different feel and user base. I don't see the point in putting down either forum.

6D065525-5DA7-4FEF-B50C-7010E359DD39.jpeg

UMMMM so I guess we are just going to overlook the obvious...It's okay to just say blackface Fenders are racist, but what about us?
1E60729F-4282-40F4-B377-806801C078DE.jpeg

Been perma-banned from TGP for years. Haven't missed the :emofag: drama and group think, but sometimes find decent gear info.

RT is the best spot.... but I've never had to worry about a childish ban from the board. We can freely get into arguments, share tasteless humor, talk mindless shit, but get to be real human beings... Even the occasional changing of the guard hasn't really negatively impact Rig-Talk because it's always regulars stepping up to the plate to do the moderating, sitting back and letting us do our thing, taking out of the spammers and scammers rather than policing conversation.
:rock:

This place stupidly allows me to continue to post my drivel.
:LOL:

Back