Why no Marshall amplification in the amp section ?

ccn

Banned
Just curious as to why "Marshall Amps" is not named in the amp section ?

Just curious as to why "Marshall Amps" is not named in the amp section ?
Because that sub forum was originally set up for more boutique builders who would then participate in answering questions etc.

I think that rule is long gone.

If you think we need one, it would be awesome if someone made a thread for Marshall and created/linked content. I'm sure Mailman or Monkey Man would move into that sub forum.

I'm sure we could have one if we wanted one. Someone would have to....you know....do some work and make it. Considering it is a holy grail tone for many here, it seems plausible.

The JVM designer, Santiago, is apparently back at Marshall. He was real active on the JVM Forums, (before they were gone).

He'd be an interesting participant.. Curious what he comes up with.
I would love it if he would join here.

I know enough about all the basic models but def not an expert and not a resource anyone would want to rely on.

Let's see:

JTM metal panel
JTM Bluesbreaker
JMP (Major?)
JTM plexi panel
JCM 800 2203/2204
JCM 4100 or 4500 combos?
JCM 900/Dual Reverb/SLX
JCM 600
JCM 2000 DSL
JCM 2000 TSL
Silver Jube (Slash) and 2550/2555
Plexi reissues
JVM 205/210/405/410
JCM 800 KK
1w mini's
20w mini's
Valvestates
MGs
Origin
Code

:LOL: I did better than I thought

I’ve owned a few Marshall’s thru the years. Not no where near what guys here have owned. There always seems to be Marshall threads in the main forum. My favorite one I owned was a FJA modded jcm 800. 50 watter. Sounded fantastic. Only reason I got rid of it was I scored a Kerry King Marshall. Sounded exactly like it.

My 100 watt Super Tremolo on four 4x12's. 3 of the 4 cabs were old when I bought them in 76 or 78. $200 each!

542739_3674035533466_252406789_n.jpg
96832684_10222689817098048_5500584965542248448_n.jpg

I’ve owned a few Marshall’s thru the years. Not no where near what guys here have owned. There always seems to be Marshall threads in the main forum. My favorite one I owned was a FJA modded jcm 800. 50 watter. Sounded fantastic. Only reason I got rid of it was I scored a Kerry King Marshall. Sounded exactly like it.
One of the best amps I've ever heard was for sale with a video on here about 12 years ago. It was a Marshall, I did not buy it and I dont know who/what the mod was. I have searched endlessly for hours but never found the post.

Modded Marshall's have been the best amps I've played or heard but the only Marshall stock I've played that sounded good to me was the JCM800. Not a Marshall hater, I just think a lot of their amps suck :p

I think most guys that don’t like Marshalls haven’t had the opportunity to play a real Marshall at volume. Then you’d get it. Even a great 2203 doesn’t measure up to an older metal face JMP Superlead…I’ve had plenty stock/modded 2203s and they are killer until you play a stock vintage Superlead + a boost.
There is just no substitute for that tone. My 72 made my C+ Coliseum sound small.
True story.

I think most guys that don’t like Marshalls haven’t had the opportunity to play a real Marshall at volume. Then you’d get it. Even a great 2203 doesn’t measure up to an older metal face JMP Superlead…I’ve had plenty stock/modded 2203s and they are killer until you play a stock vintage Superlead + a boost.
There is just no substitute for that tone. My 72 made my C+ Coliseum sound small.
True story.
Accurate and I'll never play one more than likely. If I was going to get one it want the old kt66 or whatever and those are impossible to find.

Even if I did get the other, for $2k-$3k I just feel they're so old they're ready to fail. Cant see myself spending so much on something that old and heavy.

Accurate and I'll never play one more than likely. If I was going to get one it want the old kt66 or whatever and those are impossible to find.

Even if I did get the other, for $2k-$3k I just feel they're so old they're ready to fail. Cant see myself spending so much on something that old and heavy.
Yeah they’re not for everyone. Even with 2 boosts they’re not gonna get that super saturated thing like an EVH or Mesa. But for an open sounding raw tone, for me it’s the best I’ve heard/played. I can now see why all my fav players from the 80s always had a favorite Superlead or 50w that they recorded with.

The JVM designer, Santiago, is apparently back at Marshall. He was real active on the JVM Forums, (before they were gone).

He'd be an interesting participant.. Curious what he comes up with.
That's great news!
A Marshall sub forum would be great. Maybe someone from the JVM forum could post the whole encyclopedia of modes that exist for the JVM and everything Marshall-related of course.
On the other hand, if Santiago is back, maybe a JVM REBORN is on the way? :unsure:

That's great news!
A Marshall sub forum would be great. Maybe someone from the JVM forum could post the whole encyclopedia of modes that exist for the JVM and everything Marshall-related of course.
On the other hand, if Santiago is back, maybe a JVM REBORN is on the way? :unsure:
If he’s back, I hope he can blueprint a real Jose A Marshall and put out a real deal clone. That would be huge imo.

Back