Why no Marshall amplification in the amp section ?

OK, I've a feeling this isn't gonna go away unless we create the requested sub-forum.

I'll suggest to admin that we go ahead and do it.

EDIT:
Finally got some feedback from the mods and it seems my initial thoughts on the matter were on-point. IOW, no go.

I understand your curiosity. A nice amp such as Marshall should always have a thread in the amp section. Well, maybe not so many people are a fan of the amp as you thought.

YOU'RE correct.
Marshalls haven't sold very well over the years. 😂
Marshall has to make a modern amp that kicks ass but still opens up and roars like the old school ones . JVM series compressed that roar away . That’s what I think could bring them back . And by hiring Hermansson to do it lol

Marshall has to make a modern amp that kicks ass but still opens up and roars like the old school ones .
That's what we are waiting for.
A JVM Reborn.
Maybe with the progressive linkage like the Mesa Roadking or H&K Triamp 3.
3 sets of power tubes to choose from, with midi assignable to every channel. EL34- KT66- KT88.
AND quality components.
...and then I woke up 😄

need to get rid of about 3/4 of those sub forums. imo...
If you're talking about the "Manufacturer's forum" list, then it's all or nothing.
Otherwise there's no point.
Every amp manufacturer with a website, has a mail for inquiries. If you're a customer, you use that for any question related to the product you bought from them.
If a representative comes to a guitar forum to answer questions is quite obvious that it's done for PR purposes, in other words to gain more customers.. IF, they have time for this anyway.

I thought it was a good idea for the small guys..when they actually posted on here....now it's just pretty much useless. I'm fine with dumping them all. What started out as something cool just fizzled out. Do you want a line 6 section? Peavey? Blackstar? Why have the main forum? Am I making sense? Honestly-what builders answer customers on here? all imo of course. I'm cool with whatever you guys want.

Do you want a line 6 section? Peavey? Blackstar? Why have the main forum? Am I making sense? Honestly-what builders answer customers on here? all imo of course. I'm cool with whatever you guys want.
I'm with you 100%.

My initial thought was, to have all discussions from the basic forum related to an X-amp manufacturer, gathered into one place (like a sticky or something) so you don't get lost in the abyss of the search results.
I don't know if it can be done or if you guys find it a good idea.
I'm just brainstorming here, don't kill me :)
Something like an image file maybe?
Like, when you post an answer to a topic on the basic forum, it'll automatically be posted on the image file as well. So that every image topic on the sticky section will be up to date.

I don't know if it's applicable or not 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I thought it was a good idea for the small guys..when they actually posted on here....now it's just pretty much useless. I'm fine with dumping them all. What started out as something cool just fizzled out. Do you want a line 6 section? Peavey? Blackstar? Why have the main forum? Am I making sense? Honestly-what builders answer customers on here? all imo of course. I'm cool with whatever you guys want.
Yeah, I don't see Marshall sending in customer service guys to answer questions here.

I mean these forums were at one time a great place for help....maybe not so much now but once upon a time....hellz to the yea....

That's what we are waiting for.
A JVM Reborn.
Maybe with the progressive linkage like the Mesa Roadking or H&K Triamp 3.
3 sets of power tubes to choose from, with midi assignable to every channel. EL34- KT66- KT88.
AND quality components.
...and then I woke up 😄
That would be wild !

Yeah, I don't see Marshall sending in customer service guys to answer questions here.
Something like:

- would you make JVM Reborn to roar again?
- WOW! Thanks for your feedback, I will forward it to the development team!

- I would like to see a depth mod and orange caps in Marshall
- WOW! Much appreciated, I will forward your feedback to the development team, they will implement that to a new amp line!

- I would like to see Hermansson in Marshall
- WOW! Much appreciated, forwarding your feedback to the development team right now, they will implement that to a new amp line!

Something like:

- would you make JVM Reborn to roar again?
- WOW! Thanks for your feedback, I will forward it to the development team!

- I would like to see a depth mod and orange caps in Marshall
- WOW! Much appreciated, I will forward your feedback to the development team, they will implement that to a new amp line!

- I would like to see Hermansson in Marshall
- WOW! Much appreciated, forwarding your feedback to the development team right now, they will implement that to a new amp line!
Ya would be awesome fr

No employees / reps either brother?
Correct.

I always thought it was cool for peeps to have their own sub-forums so they can nerd out on each other and maybe ask questions that they wouldn't ask on a main forum.

Personally, I'd just as well see peeps talk about all things all amps in the main forum.

When I was on Ultimate-Guitar - Guitar Gear and Accessories forum, they had dedicated threads for brands (Marshall, Mesa, Peavey, Krank, Splawn, Orange, Fender, etc etc.). Those users knew how to find their thread and they just bumped it. Then, I made a tread for a sticky that collected all of those and put them in one place.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1588141

Back