Will Powergrid 10 power RJM Mastermind PCB?

2ninety

Curious if the new Powergrid 10 will power the RJM Mastermind PBC pedalboard switcher? I know the stated specs on the powergrid 10 (9v @ 350mA) don't meet the requirements of the RJM PBC, but i also know a lot of times the posted specs on most power supplies are on the conservative side. The RJM PBC states it requires 9v @ 500mA. Everything else i'd be running off the Powergrid 10 would be at or well below the 350mA per outlet spec of the Powergrid 10. So if at least half the outlets on the Powergrid are only supplying ~100mA or less per outlet to low consumption pedals, will it allow 1 outlet to pull the extra mA needed for the RJM PBC??

To be safe I would get a current doubling cable and use 2 outputs. See max consumption is around 500ma with no loops on it's around 250ma... so really depends on how many loops you have on..

I don't think I ever use more than 4 loops tops simultaneously. Typically it's 1, 2 or 3 loops or none at any given time. No chance I'd ever use all 10 at once lol.

Would feeding it 18v (with the current doubling cable) pose any issues since RJM says only 9v 500mA or 12v 400mA is recommended?

Son of a.....I was confusing that with the typical "voltage" doubling cable. I was not aware there was a "current" doubling cable. Just looked it up. Thanks for the clarification!

Back