With the 80's rockers being 60's/70's/80's yrs old where is music going ?

Man, the combo of Trower's sound and Dewar's voice was pure gold.

Listening to that I'm trying to imagine all of my other fave singers on it and each of them
would have completely ruined the vibe that those two had together.

I was watching a rig rundown of Paul Gilbert and he starts talking about Robert Trower and Bridge of Sighs and Fulltone Deja Vibes. Trower has a tone that you know is him immediately and has had it since the 1970s with no one being able to touch him. Apparently, he makes use of the middle pickup on his strat quite a bit.

Apparently, he makes use of the middle pickup on his strat quite a bit.

Yup.
But if you're going to sit on the middle to nail Trower you have to tune your amp
for that pickup - you may find your neck pup a bit too boomy and bridge too bright
in order to really get the middle one growling.

Do that and after about 10 seconds you'll be like SHIT!!!! There it is! :ROFLMAO:

Yup.
But if you're going to sit on the middle to nail Trower you have to tune your amp
for that pickup - you may find your neck pup a bit too boomy and bridge too bright
in order to really get the middle one growling.

Do that and after about 10 seconds you'll be like SHIT!!!! There it is! :ROFLMAO:
Yes, back in the day Trower based everything off the middle pu. Used the neck pu alot as well, more for soloing.
In the 80's he no longer used the semi-custom gear he did in the 70's. He used a Boss SD-1, CE2 and wah thru NMV 800 series Marshalls.
He went to the bridge pu often.
This vid is a little bass-shy, but this is the Boss pedal era and he goes off.

Yes, back in the day Trower based everything off the middle pu. Used the neck pu alot as well, more for soloing.
In the 80's he no longer used the semi-custom gear he did in the 70's. He used a Boss SD-1, CE2 and wah thru NMV 800 series Marshalls.
He went to the bridge pu often.
This vid is a little bass-shy, but this is the Boss pedal era and he goes off.

I also like the funny faces he makes. You can tell his brain functions for facial expression are probably well close to the ones for guitar chop memory. At least that is the neurology explanation I heard. Same reason why our face squints when we smell something horrible. Apparently, the neural pathways for facial expressions are quite close to other motory stuff, sensations and there is some crossover that causes our face to pull strange shapes.

There will always be some great music out there but we'll have to dig deeper to find it unfortunately.
This 100%. Fuck the mainstream. With a few exceptions, it’s just diluted, formulated, dumbed down, corporate crap. The underground has, is, and will always be thriving, and producing the purest, most interesting music available. And with platforms like Spotify, Pandora, ITunes, etc, constantly serving up suggestions, theres no limit to amazing music of all genres. If you think music in general has turned to shit, you’re not looking hard enough.

Yup. Megadeth is basically Dave and the Deth-Rays now, much like Billy C and his Smashing Pumpkins: only the leader remains.

God bless them, but I like BANDS. Not vanity projects.

Edit: and fuck David Coverdale for kicking Sykes out of WS in the day. That no one ever got to see him shred that live is absolute musical blasphemy and shall live in infamy forever. The bass player and drummer got the shaft too. Ugh!
Fuckin' home-run statement here too.

Back