For Sale Wizard MTL MkI 100w

To buy, sell, or trade in this section, you must have at least 50 posts and have two-factor authentication enabled.

That1Guy

That1Guy

Active member
Price
3300
Asking $3,300 Shipped, insured, & signature required to your door. PPFF/Venmo or PPG&S with additional to cover fees. Just re-tubed & looked over by a local tech. I believe she's a 2014.

Good to know:
  • Someone installed a Headfirst Effects Loop wich works great. You can tell it wasn't Rick because he doesn't use those & the solder points connecting it aren't "gooped".
  • Channel Select FT/SW, Lead Boost, & Rhythm Boost jacks all work without issue. There is one more jack by the Channel Select, above the fx loop, that I thought would switch the loop in/out of the circuit but it actually just seems like a redundant Channel select because that's what it does. So, you should note that the loop switch on the footswitch is kind of useless in its current configuration.
  • The courier didn't handle the amp great when it was delivered. There are a few indents on one side of the head shell from making contact with the foot switch. As a result, the footswitch enclosure indented a bit. I was able to correct that on the switcher and you can barely tell now. I pictured all of this as best as I could.
It's a working man's Wizard that sounds great, works great, and is priced fair given some imperfections. I've owned several wizards & this thing punches with the best of 'em. As far as I can tell she needs nothing but I can understand if there's anxiety around work performed by someone that's not Rick. Hit me if you have questions & if I can help, I will.
IMG_6537.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6544.jpeg
    IMG_6544.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6543.jpeg
    IMG_6543.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6542.jpeg
    IMG_6542.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6541.jpeg
    IMG_6541.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6540.jpeg
    IMG_6540.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6539.jpeg
    IMG_6539.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6538.jpeg
    IMG_6538.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Damn that's a killer price, who cares about some tolex dents. Where were you last year when I threw down like $1k more for this.
 
Crazy good price. I have an earlier one I was starting to consider letting go of, but if this is the going rate maybe not! 😂

What I’ve really wanted to do is add a few switches to one to move it between MTL pre and MCII. This would be a great candidate for that.
 
Pic bump. First two are general gut shots. Everything that follows has to do with the fx loop & the points of connection. If anyone spots something I should be concerned, please with let me know. I'd rather suspend the listing & get something addressed than chance it.
 

Attachments

  • tempImageOsyse3.png
    tempImageOsyse3.png
    15.8 MB · Views: 12
  • tempImageHCpklZ.png
    tempImageHCpklZ.png
    15.8 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImagebtPCCa.png
    tempImagebtPCCa.png
    14.7 MB · Views: 13
  • D7DD9D39-6BFA-4DEB-B86A-020CFF490C3B_1_201_a.jpeg
    D7DD9D39-6BFA-4DEB-B86A-020CFF490C3B_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 42EAA45A-6419-4CCD-B033-D491580C1196_1_201_a.jpeg
    42EAA45A-6419-4CCD-B033-D491580C1196_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 70FBFD44-9B09-4674-8F8C-7A6C4874F0A4_1_201_a.jpeg
    70FBFD44-9B09-4674-8F8C-7A6C4874F0A4_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 06FDDCCC-FEE6-4D25-A746-730C5007B4A8_1_201_a.jpeg
    06FDDCCC-FEE6-4D25-A746-730C5007B4A8_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
There are greater experts than me around but it doesn't look like it's been much molested, just the loop and two other joints but the phase inverter look touched. That red B+ wire seems a bit long too. But like, seems fine 🤷‍♂️

I'll attach guts of my MTL for comparison. It's earlier (# 20) and has a tube loop (so looks quite different in the area where these changes are), but hopefully it will reassure folks this looks, well, like a wizard MTL.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0625.jpeg
    IMG_0625.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0624.jpeg
    IMG_0624.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0623.jpeg
    IMG_0623.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 7

Similar threads

Back
Top