Wizard speakers options.

rocker

Have two Wizard cabs, one with Rock '20 and one with GB speakers and would like to try some other ones. What speakers do you prefer with your Wizard amps?

Scumback M75's.. Got 2 in a Blackstar Artisan 2x12 which kicks ass, and now replacing the reissue Greenbacks in my Wizard quad with them.

The Greenies sound good but the Scums are even better IMO. :thumbsup:

How do the Rock 20's compare to the Greenbacks?

I have a Mojo 2x12 cab loaded with Celestion Golds that I love with my Wizard MC. I also have a 2x12 with Scumbacks which is an excellent cab too, but I like the Mojo/Golds combination best.

I've got a 2x12 with 2 x 75w greenback styled speakers, and its awesome.

looking to get a 4x12 with Rock 20's now

Pretty much all the variations of the greenback model. Heavy magnet, Medium ext..I guess some artist really like the alnico golds. I never tried those myself. Would like too one day but I doubt they will beat out the old pulsonic cones I love.

you'll like the 65's! :rock:

running mine through a stack with 65's on bottom and Weber Stan Specs on top.

the plan is to ultimately run it through a stack with Scumback H55's in the bottom cab, and Weber Stan Specs on top.

Capulin Overdrive":22yf7pim said:

the plan is to ultimately run it through a stack with Scumback H55's in the bottom cab, and Weber Stan Specs on top.
You're right, the Wizard kills with 65's. :rock:

rocker":3e1wbwmn said:
Capulin Overdrive":3e1wbwmn said:

So you got the new 2x12 with 65s ? I'm going to put my 65s in my Mills 4x12 tomorrow and check that out. Its been awhile since I had the 65s in a cab.

thegame":3rv9tqxn said:
rocker":3rv9tqxn said:
Capulin Overdrive":3rv9tqxn said:

So you got the new 2x12 with 65s ? I'm going to put my 65s in my Mills 4x12 tomorrow and check that out. Its been awhile since I had the 65s in a cab.
Got a 4x12 with 65'. :rock:

Put a quad of 1981 G12-65 in my Wizard 4x12. Not only is that one of the best all around cabs ever, but it also fits my Wizard Modern Classic perfect. Also put a Friedman and a Diezel through it. Great stuff.

I like a V30 mixed w/ my 65's. The Heritage are great sounding speakers. I have both vintage and the Heritage and they sound identical.

Without even trying it I'd surmise the new Celestion Creamback will sound great with the Wizards.

Back