Worst Pedal Ever Purchased?

Detroit1973

I'm curious what was the worst pedal that you have ever purchased & why did you hate it so much?

Mine was the Zoom Driver 5000 Distortion pedal. Just could not jive with it at all when i was a wee lad.

I was in a band a long time ago that did some acoustic stuff, so I decided to get the Boss Acoustic Simulator pedal to be lazy and not have to switch guitars. What a terrible pedal.

I was in a band a long time ago that did some acoustic stuff, so I decided to get the Boss Acoustic Simulator pedal to be lazy and not have to switch guitars. What a terrible pedal.
I'm surprised by this one. i've always heard good things about this one. I do vaguely remember a guy i went to college with using one with a strat & it sounded decent.

the Standout. people raved about that thing here and it does next to nothing lol
I loved the standout. I regret selling mine. What's bad as I paid out the ass for it then I tried to sell it for a usual loss and a few people basically laughed in my face. I get it but I never make a profit in gear sales. I don't even try.

I'm surprised by this one. i've always heard good things about this one. I do vaguely remember a guy i went to college with using one with a strat & it sounded decent.
I probably just expected too much from it, but it just sounded terrible to me. I guess it's unreasonable to think it will sound like some killer acoustic, but I couldn't bond with it.

MXR EQ pedal. This was 12 years ago, I’ve heard they are better and quieter now….but that pos back then was straight up trash. So fn noisy it was unusable.

I probably just expected too much from it, but it just sounded terrible to me. I guess it's unreasonable to think it will sound like some killer acoustic, but I couldn't bond with it.
I Wonder if using hums vs. singles would make a huge difference.

I might as well just have flushed the money down the toilet...:ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2022-10-04 145804.jpg

First thing that comes to mind is the DLS chorus-Vibe. Had a metallic sound I could just not dial out. I even worked with DLS and still couldn't get rid of it. To this day I have yet to see anyone dislike this pedal, but it was not for me and I have stuck with analog chorus pedals ever since.

Runner up is the Line 6 verbzilla, which is a very good sounding pedal but there were some things that really bugged me about the design.
- Buffer was terrible if it was out front (fine in the loop)
- knobs felt very cheap
- weighed more than it needed to
- could not be run on daisy chain power supply

The digitech RV7 fixed all the issues I had with the verbzilla and I still have it, but don't worry I no longer daisy chain my power thanks to cioks. :)

The old noisy MXR eqs come to mind

The Wampler rectifier sounding pedal

Ibanez soundtank "slam punk" pedal

Metal zone, absolutely hate it, although others love it

Zoom 505 is probably the worst I've ever played

Back