Worst Pedal Ever Purchased?

Does the original red kidney bean Line 6 POD count? Tried it only a couple times and I'm still seeing a therapist about it.
I wont stand for anti bean sentiment! Run that fucker into a good power amp with the cab sims off on the Soldano "hidden" setting...

I had a Zoom 505. It was crappy. You kinda knew it was going to be crappy though. I bought an Electro Harmonix Reverb I thought was going to be good, and it sounded decent, but it felt kind of cheap and broke pretty early on.

I wont stand for anti bean sentiment! Run that fucker into a good power amp with the cab sims off on the Soldano "hidden" setting...
the xt was such a huge jump from the original. i had some pretty solid tone though studio monitors from it back when i lived in an apartment, and the amps were at the practice space.

I really couldn’t stand the Wampler Tumnus. In shootouts I’d heard with other klones it always faired well and often sounded better than many others. It didn’t stick around long once I got it, though. It had a loose and bloated low end and a harsh, unnatural sounding top end. Maybe the deluxe version is better or it fairs better in lower gain setting. Boosting a high gain amp with it was a no go for me, though.

It’s been years but I seem to remember really not liking the DOD Icebox chorus pedal I used in the 90s. From a noise standpoint, my 1st generation (red not silver) Jekyll and Hyde is kind of annoying. It’s still got some good tones in it though

I have one of those too - I actually dig mine. Kills for doom/sabbath type stuff
might be broken or might be just the tube...? cord is a dealbreaker anyway but...bought it anyway thinking i can take 'it' if it sounds glorious with SS amp...not enough glory i guess...put it away 20 yrs ago and forgot bout it...till now...

Other than the obvious junk shit that we’ve all had. 2 standout to me. The Dirty Tree. Easily the most overrated pedal ever. IMO of course. And the OCD. Something about that pedal makes me nauseous. It has a weird mid grossness to it that I can’t stand.

the Standout. people raved about that thing here and it does next to nothing lol
My experience was the same. Not the worst, that would be a Timmy V2. That would give The Fart Pedal a run for it's money.

The Pro Tone Dino sounded like shit too.

Not sure if you're a fan of the Band Madball, but that was what thier guitar player did for a long time. He used the Line 6 Pod Pro Rackmount set to "American High Gain model" into a Mesa Boogie 2:90 plugged into either the deep mode or the Modern mode.

Bought a used Eyemaster thinking it would be fun to do some Entombed type tones and nope. Just an indecipherable wall of shhhhhhhhhh. Saw vids where it seemed to sound Ok or do well against a HM2 but I can’t get anything playable out of it.

Nux MG-300 multi-effect. I bought it for playing through headphones in a hotel room during business trips. A nest of furious bees, sold immediately.

Carl Martin Panama. Wanted to love it. Loved the online demos. Seemed to have this really weird - overly compressed - ‘farty’ pick attack.

Bought a used Eyemaster thinking it would be fun to do some Entombed type tones and nope. Just an indecipherable wall of shhhhhhhhhh. Saw vids where it seemed to sound Ok or do well against a HM2 but I can’t get anything playable out of it.
Haven't played the TC but a real HM2 does that too. There's a lot of studio magic in the Entombed tone. The core element is in the pedal for sure but don't expect to get that tone instantly with just the pedal and whatever amp.

My first ever distortion pedal that I bought in 1986 when I was 15 years old.

The Ibanez L.A.Metal. Looks cool. Sounds fucking horrible (or so I remember)

cache_55016930.jpg

I am sure that there is a better contender than my pick over the years but the first thing that comes to mind is the Boss NS-2. It did what it was supposed to do but no matter what amp I tried that thing with, or how I ran it, there was a noticeable tone suck that I couldn't live with.

Back