Yes!!! An EVH 5150 EL34 50 watt

crankyrayhanky":28kvtfcm said:
anybody play this side by side with the 100w version? Just curious how they compare

Not sided by side but I had the el34 100wer and it was tight not like the flubby 50wter. Willing to bet most guys will want a boost with the 50w to tighten it up. It reminded me of a stock 800 in the feel dept.

232cap":x8wqrg58 said:
Not sided by side but I had the el34 100wer and it was tight not like the flubby 50wter. Willing to bet most guys will want a boost with the 50w to tighten it up. It reminded me of a stock 800 in the feel dept.

Thank you for alleviating my gas, bro.

Go big or go home. ;)

Pbfoot":2n2xgtv9 said:
i talked to howard and asked him if there is a difference between the 50 and 100 and he stated they were essential the same.

I noticed the difference in 5 strums with the 50, needs a boost to tighten things up. That was the only pitfall, the tone was good as it lost that chainsaw tone of the other 5150 III. :LOL: :LOL:

Art, i just got one and it's being returned asap. the blue channel is totally different than the 100. loose, muddy, flabby bass, interestingly the top end of the blue is nice and chimey. i think the red channels are really similar

Back